Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

First flight, successful!

My "over priced" alienware came in yesterday and so far it's great.

The sim looks great and I easily lock at 30. I decided to get my head back into the world of cats in today as well and thank god my airspace was uncontrolled.

I purchased the F1 Cessna mustang and decided to do more than just fly around in circles like I've done for the last day so I headed to Destin and jumped in with intentions of flying to CLL (Gig'em!). Right after departure, I fired up vatsim with a little hesitation.

My flight plan was a joke as we're my intentions. I was praying that Houston Center wouldn't get on. At 320, I took short cuts and bypassed the airways, side and stars. When being.challenged, I kiss (keep it simple, stupid). KDST.MSY.IAH.TNV.KCLL

Memphis was on so I tuned in and listened to the little radio traffic that he had. At one point, I called for a radio check from somewhere over Louisiana to make sure my self.installed sound blaster and head set was functional, it was..

Started running a little low on time so I punched in lake charles on the Garmin with the ILS for 15 (I think). Had a nice approach with about a 3 mile final and hand flew it. To my surprise, I kissed the runway nice and smooth, centerline and all ( Yup! I've still got it!). Taxied to the ramp and shut it down only to find out that a controller was observing the last 20 minutes. After a quick chit chat whit him and Memphis center, I made 2 new friends that I plan to fly with soon.

Sorry for rambling on, just thought I'd let those who knew I was back that I flew from point a to b, on vatsim, without fighters being deployed.

Money well spent.

Welcome to the world of Aurora, bin there, done that, still wearing the T-shirt.

I'm very happy with mine. Runs everything I need it to with ease. Naturally, there are times that FSX is in the mid teens, but that's to be expected with any system.

No worries.

Im actually an emt with waller county just northwest of Houston. I was fully expecting us to put a response team together and go to West but it wasn't needed due to the massive response of central and north Texas agencies. I heard at one point that they were actually turning away mutual aided fire and ems.

Yup. Interstate 10, 290 and highway 290 are our 3 major roads in the county.

Small towns like that are pretty much all volunteer fire. One of those killed was an off duty Dallas Firefighter.

Sad thing is that the number killed will definitely rise while they continue recovery efforts.