Sign in to follow this  
DeanFlorida

Experience Level of 44 ?

Multiplayer may have been hacked.

I was in several different multiplayer sessions today, and every one of them had at least one player with a Level 44 rating, and NO experience points of any kind.  One session had ten players, and every one of them showed the fictitious Level 44 rating.  I spoke to several of them and they said they had no idea why it was showing that way.  I found some of them in other sessions later, and they had their regular rating (1 thru 20) back with all their experience points showing.

Anyone seen this weirdness before?  I just left the session a few minutes ago that had all players with a level 44.  Everyone's labels and flight characteristics seemed normal, but when you look at them in the menu....44s. 

I'm a bit concerned that this may be some kind of hack that may mess with our accounts, stats, and other things.

It is a hack that has been around almost since MSFlight was first released. Don't worry about it. As far as I know people have to do it intentional in their own game. It should not effect anyone else to my knowledge. I do very little multiplayer myself except to look around every so often. I keep telling myself that I should get more involved. For the most part I am just happy with what the game has to offer an old stick and rudder GA pilot looking for some fun. And welcome to the forum by the way.

It isn't a "hack" so to speak, but rather a issue with the servers on MS's side. Also, keep in mind that today the MSF servers may be down for mantience. I haven't seen anyone hack their level either, so I could be wrong, and remember that this is MS products we're talking about.

Though its a fact that Microsoft Flight has been hacked. When I am feeling curious and bored I will sometimes look around in likely places, and I have seen the game out there pretty widely. Even more ironic is that even for a cracked version there are hecklers yelling that Flight sux and you should get a cracked FSX instead because (place reasons used by all flight hecklers)

In a sad way, its hilarious.  :P  :unsure:  :(

On another note, it gives me hope that legitimate tinkerers have a real chance to succeed in their efforts to open up the sim for community development in a legal way..

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the info, guys...

I am certain that whatever it is, it is NOT initiated by the host.  I set up my own session just to see what I got and everyone who came in was level 44.  There was a post by kittychix (?) earlier today about server maintenance, and I think it may have to do with that, since virtually everyone in multiplayer is now showing the 44 Level.

Good to be here, Air1.  I too am an old stick and rudder GA guy.  In my youth, 1960s through the 1980s, I was a CFI at a couple of FBOs; also delivered new and used planes around the country to their new owners, then later flew small charters for another FBO.

I'm new to the flight simulator world, but it certainly is a lot of fun and brings back a lot of fond old memories.  I found my old skills and judgement came back rather quickly.

If it is a HACK that means somehow got some sort of backdoor access to the MS Flight server which is highly unlkely. Also any benefit  is to the player is unclear to me.

In my OPINION it is a problem with the multiplayer software on the MS Flight servers, most likely a mismatch introduced by a bad or marginal connection(s).  One possibliity is that the front end cached data does not match the equivalent persistant storage for the particular  multiplayer session. The 44 would then indicate a bad "link" or reference to a non-existent player in the session.

I could be wrong, but if you know of any details about the hack, I would appreciate knowing (in general terms) how it was done.

Be very careful guys. We're not going to get into discussing "hacking" anything here.

If you wish to discuss that subject, take it elsewhere.

My personal opinion is that the level anomaly has something to do with the servers that host multiplayer.  When all the maintenance is finished, you will probably see things go back to where they were.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

The "Level 44" problem has existed since the beta. One of the developers once told us what it was, but I forget; it didn't seem important at the time.

Anyone remember?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

@Everyone,

What Avphoto aka Coast said is most likely the case for this is issue. Coast or I haven't seen anyone actually hack he game; however, to generally say the game has hacked without general evidence is spreading false rumors. Keep in mind that this game uses the Live platform which means MS is still keeping an eye on the game nevertheless.

The issue is most likely a SERVER ISSUE not hacking!

Besides, a level 44 means a bad link or ghost player in the session. Also, all of your level, xp, and other stats are stored on the MS Fight server becasue if you go the microsoftflight.com and compare your stats to your friends, it will show you as you were the last time you were logged in to Flight while online! This means that for someone to "hack" their stats they'd have to fool the server as well.

Please guys, I'm not here to be in a brewhaha cause of someone's false rumors. As 188AHC said, take it somewhere else.

Whoa, people are being way to heavy about this.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Whoa, people are being way to heavy about this.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5