Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17APR13 - Upcoming FANCON'13: Give me your thoughts?

Captains-

Okay- time for a bit of input from all of you!

The AVSim board has invited me to speak as the keynote for FANCON'13 in just a few short weeks in Wichita, KS.  (Weekend of 04MAY13)  During the course of my career I have spoken to a wide range of audiences on a wide range of topics- but this audience will be a bit quite different, as I am not be speaking in order to educate, train, pitch an idea, promote a policy, or earn your vote in an election. 

So I thought it might be interesting to see what you all would like to hear about on this evening over dinner?

I am going to put some parameters on the topic:  This is not an evening to promote or demonstrate the 777.  (I will, of course give an update on that topic and I might even slip and throw some information out that you haven't heard here- but you will have to wait and see...)

So that brings me to this question:  What would you like to hear about?

Airline flying?

The future of the simming hobby?

Air Racing?

Aircraft restoration?

Why I risk my reputation by associating with Tom Allensworth?

The state of operational performance issues in the global airline industry?

Personal anecdotes?

Why my mother still makes the best coffee cake in the world?

The point of the evening is to have a personable conversation with one another about our hobby and shared interests...  Where we are going, what challenges lay ahead, and maybe throw in a few anecdotal stories of flying, simming,and the real-life experiences of a simmer-turned-airline-pilot-turned-simmer...

Anyway- let me know what you want to hear.  I promise two things:  1) I will mention something new about the 777 that you don't already know.  2) I will poke fun at Tom...

On that note- I also hope that some of you will attend!  I tend to shy away from publicity- but my visits to Aerosoft's show in Germany are always very affirming because of the warm welcome from fellow simming enthusiasts.  It really is quite a bit of fun to meet some of you face to face- and I have been fortunate to have some really great friendships grow from the effort...

It would be nice to see you there!

This post has been promoted to an article

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

That DC3 that you got
Your Airline years
The coffee and cake

Please :)

But a Question for you, Sir, will the information be filmed/put on here? I dont think i can travel a few thousand miles from the Uk for a day in Kansas during exam season...Sorry :(

Hi Robert,

A couple perhaps

1)  The future of the simming hobby?

Particularly the possible intentions of Lockheed Martin and the FSX platform as it stands at the moment

2)  Why I risk my reputation by associating with Tom Allensworth? ;)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Though I will not be attending, I would enjoy aviation stories (both humorous ones and ones involving valuable lessons) and discussions regarding the future of both flight simulation and real-world commercial aviation.

That DC3 that you got

Your Airline years

The coffee and cake

Please :)

But a Question for you, Sir, will the information be filmed/put on here? I dont think i can travel a few thousand miles from the Uk for a day in Kansas during exam season...Sorry :(

Same here. Whatever you talk about, Im sure it will be very good, so please film and post it! Also... you own a DC-3?!

Daniel Miller

The thing with Tom Allensworth sounds intetesting lol :)

Nah, seriously, future of flightsimulation is a rather nice subject to talk about, especially because the future of flightsimming depends on PMDG and other great addon-developers.

And please... record your speach. As a german student, i cannot afford a trip to Wichita, but i would really like to hear what you have to say ;)

regards,

Alexander Marx

Some good stories about your flying career. As someone trying to break into the aviation industry it would be great to hear what stories an experienced Captain like yourself has to tell.

Rich

1) Definitely the future of flight simming. Where are we heading, and opinions about future flight platforms. Perhaps why some developers are very keen on supporting P3D but PMDG is refraining. (aside from the obvious license differences)

2) Your most memorable flight, be it a bad sweaty one, or very good and impressionable. 

3) PMDGs future. 

Hopefully this is on video, as I cant attend either. 

Thanks!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

We will be filming this for sure and putting it in the video library, but I absolutely reserve the right to do some serious editing, if necessary. :LMAO:

Definitely the future of flight simming. You said a while back that we are looking at a bright future for simming with a new platform coming. Any more light on that or a few hints would be great. 

We will be filming this for sure and putting it in the video library, but I absolutely reserve the right to do some serious editing, if necessary.

Having in mind this quote and the fact I will not attend the FANCON, I would rule out "Why I risk my reputation by associating with Tom Allensworth?" topic. I mean, what's the point if we cannot see/hear that in videoclip (funny parts at least)?  :P

I mean, what's the point if we cannot see/hear that in videoclip (funny parts at least)? :P

The part that will get edited out is if Rob in some way tarnishes my reputation. If he tries to paint me as a soft, warm fuzzy, kind of guy who should be everyone's uncle, that will definitely get pulled out. I have spent too many years fine tuning my reputation to what it is today. =@ :t0105: :p0503: 

It would be interesting to hear about your airline work, and the future of flightsim.