Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

Just to balance 777. 7 is a lucky number, let alone 3. But nothing compares 6 when there's DC- in front of it be it that a 7 goes well with that too as well as 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 for that matter.

I just thought it was about time for a 6 to turn up in these here topic names again. Lest we forget..

Oh, and a nice 6 to boot :

cheers,

jan

Jan

Well, the DC-7 is great too but I can't really see a difference between the DC-6 and -7.

Can't wait aswell!

Parked the DC-7 gives itself away by its 4 blades props :

DC-7EA.jpg

where the DC-6 has 3 blades :

DC-6BA.jpg

dc6-7.jpg

The Douglas DC-6 is essentially a stretched, more powerful, and pressurized version of the DC-4 with three-blade props. The DC-7 is merely a stretched DC-6 with four-blade props and retaining all aerodynamic and structural features. The only difference between the DC-6 and the DC-4 in exterior appearance is that the DC-6 is extended an additional seven feet and the windows are square instead of the earlier porthole style. This new version also provides for up to 62 passengers, 20 more than the DC-4. The DC-7 was increased 3 feet 4 inches longer than the DC-6. It provided for the accommodation of 69 first-class passengers or 95 coach passengers. The DC-7’s engines further increased its gross weight. The DC-7B, a later version, was basically an intercontinental aircraft. 

Cheers,

Jan :hi:

Jan

Imagine if Boeing made a Boeing 666. The operating airline could rename the "redeye" to the "hell flight".

Imagine if Boeing made a Boeing 666. The operating airline could rename the "redeye" to the "hell flight".

Iron Maiden would need to buy one.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Bruce already has a 757 lol... (or leased it at least)

I know he does. I have seen it on airliners.net. He would have to step it up if Boeing made a 666.  :diablo: I would imagine that Boeing would not sell that many though. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg