Sign in to follow this  
Rick44

Can't engage autoland on PMDG737NGX

Hi All - Trying to learn the PMDG737NGX.  Following Tutorial #1, can't get autoland into EHAM to work.  Both Navs set to 110.1, Locator captured, APP button pushed... but when I push CMD-B, instead of both CMD-A and B being lit, CMD-B lights up and CMD-A goes out.. and I end up with the yellow SINGLE CH warning in the PFD ... tried several times and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong..

Newbie Rick44 (Richard Matzick) would really appreciate some ideas..  PMDG737NGX is only a week old and has up-to-date SP.

thanks

Did you dial the ILS approach front course (183 degrees in case of ILS18R) into both the captain's and first officer's course selector on the MCP?

Both Nav 1 radios need to be tuned to the same frequency and autopilot B enabled for autolands.

Did you dial the ILS approach front course (183 degrees in case of ILS18R) into both the captain's and first officer's course selector on the MCP?

Per PMDG tutorial I page 84 I set both to 184 (for ILS18R)

Both Nav 1 radios need to be tuned to the same frequency and autopilot B enabled for autolands.

Both Nav 1 active freqs set to 110.1 as per tutorial #1 page 83.

When CMD B pushed, per tutorial #1 page 91, instead of both CMD-A and CMD-B staying lit, CMD-B lights up and CMD-A goes out

CRS set to the correct inbound heading on left and right?

2 power generation sources online (on the overhead)?

at least 2 Hydraulic sources on?

I have always used just CMD-A - both navs set - crs on both ---------- ILS then APP -------bam works everytime

Rich Sennett

Problem solved...  I read the tutorial #1 a little closer and realized it said the autoland function doesn't engage until I cross below 1500 FT ...   so... when the the yellow SINGLE CH warning on the PFD showed up while I was still above 1500, I thought that was a mafunction.  In doing another test landing I found that the yellow SINGLE CH warning did disappear after descending below 1500 ft, and was replaced by a green LAND 3 ....  and the aircraft proceeded to land just like I actually knew what I was doing..  

thanks to all who helped me,,  Richard Matzick, near KMCO