Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

I paid with Paypal on JF, it said "an error has occurred" but the order showed up on my order screen and I can download. I guess it went through? 20 mins to finish downloading....

Did the same for me, JF answered an email request and stated it will be processed as one DL as of Monday, ie. Refunded.

BUT...why I really came here for was, as I can't seem to get onto Majestic's website, I will state my accolades here.. Completely awesome representation of the Q.. I have flown as Capt. on this beautiful bird for about 2 years now and still can't get enough of her. So far I can only see that this is one of the best Turboprops in FSX and also one of the best add-ons to ever make it to FSX.. Thanks again MJ, so completely worth the wait.!

Perhaps the reign of the mighty NGX is over!  We may have a new FSX king of addons!  I'll find out tonight when I buy the new Dash 8.

Looks like a real bargain at $59.99 

Just did some more testing, flew through severe icing with anti ice systems off... This bird is just awesome, easily the best thing ever made for FS. 

First I got just visible ice on the wings and cockpit windows, then engines got messed up and soon I found myself from a stall. Flight dynamics are so real. 

"visible ice on the wings and cockpit windows"

How are you setting up your scenario to get this and a screenshot would be great please.

Rich Sennett

Anyone found a turnaround for the annoying 'spot' camera issue?

Just FYI, i got a reply from support stating that due to the external FDE, it's not possible to have momentum acceleration in the external views. Bummer.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Good evening together,

if the question was asked already hundred times.... sorry ;-)

Just bought it on simmarket. When I want to install at the point where the activation starts and asks for order number, E-Mail and last name I just get the messages "Order not found" or "Internal failure".

Its just that the server is completely overcrowded? Or has anybody a solution for that?

Thanks alot, Nicolas

This is a pretty jaw dropping addon. To say this still comes out of FSX after all these years is just phenomenal. The quality is outstanding.  The sample tutorial is poor and lite but finally managed to get in the air. The immersion is just incredible with everything that has to go on. I dont know much about this bird at all, so lots to learn, and that could tell on my approach into YUL all kinds of things went wrong, including my elevators not responding well, but obviously its pilot error and setup. VNAV is a whole different animal than tubes, and I didnt have success with it through all fault to myself. 

As for the weather radar, who cares if its not entirely accurate. The immersion to have this there speaks volumes. And any other addon aircraft should take a lesson, that even though its not perfectly reflecting rain, its just that is there and you feel engrossed in the whole environment. 

I think the technology used to have an external engine somehow, thinking outside the box, really has done alot of wonders in saving memory, and being easy on the FPS.

The bar was set with the NGX, but this has matched it and probably gone above. Just an outstanding job Majestic! This is a no brainer add on for anyone. When 777 gets released, do the long haul, then transfer to the Q400 to get to the next little airport nestled in somewhere. Just Awesome!  Thanks!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

"visible ice on the wings and cockpit windows"

How are you setting up your scenario to get this and a screenshot would be great please.

I just set the date to be in winter, chose heavy snows weather theme and then changed icing to severe and kept flying in that layer.

Outside view:

http://oi37.tinypic.com/160918p.jpg

From the cockpit:

http://oi36.tinypic.com/2zjhrmw.jpg

I just got it confirmed from Support at MAjstic. That if you are using any sort of gadget like Saitek Instrument Panel (I tested this out)  or Project Magenta IFR Panel or Flight Illusion gauges (I have), they would not work with this aircraft. Even if they use FSUIPC. 

I have not checked Go Flight and other radio panel. so I am not sure

But the aircraft works as visual within FSX. 

Something to consider.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Perhaps the reign of the mighty NGX is over!  We may have a new FSX king of addons!  I'll find out tonight when I buy the new Dash 8.

Looks like a real bargain at $59.99 

It's really not so much to do with reigning.  I think the wonderful thing is that finally the quality of new simulations are meeting or exceeding high standard set by the NGX.

Up to now, no one has come even close.  Now Majestic has done it with the Dash8 Q-400.  Maybe it is the type of extreme quality we will also see with FSLab's Airbus.

I congratulate Majestic for this fantastic simulation.  It is everything it was hyped up to be. It leaves you speechless.

I do strongly suggest that Majestic put a door interface within their FMS and not continue to use these stupid default keystrokes for manipulating the doors of the aircraft.  I could never get these right and if I do, I end up having to reload the aircraft because I can't get the stupid doors back closed.

An aircraft simulation of this extreme quality should have a door interface within the FMS.

I just got it confirmed from Support at MAjstic. That if you are using any sort of gadget like Saitek Instrument Panel (I tested this out) or Project Magenta IFR Panel or Flight Instrument gauges (I have), they would not work with this aircraft. Even if they use FSUIPC.

I have not checked Go Flight and other radio panel. so I am not sure

But the aircraft works as visual within FSX.

Something to consider.

Woh...I have a VRInsight MCP combo and I don't have any aircraft that it doesn't work with at least some.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have been playing around with this all afternoon and all I can say is 

WOW 

This plane is a game changer.. If anybody read this has not bought it yet go get it now..  It's that good

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

What's a real bummer is the ordinary spot view not working.  I HATE spot view, it's so sort of unreal.