Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

What is the FPS impact???? Thx!

Unbelievably low, from my tests so far.    What is really surprising is how low the impact is from the EFIS screens and the terrain radar also.

Great news for fans of Key Assignability (of custom AP functions) and Hardware users :-

The Q400 supports FSUIPC Mouse Macros so as long as you have Registered FSUIPC, you can assign key commands to all of the custom (and standard) AP functions (eg... IAS etc).

Awesome!

The single only issue I have at present is that I cannot quite get my throttles so that I can command '0' (zero) torque, at ground idle.      ..... I always have about '6', which will get her rolling if the brakes aren't on.  (perhaps the real aircraft is like this?).

But my word, this is a winner!

Am at work so will have to wait to tonight.

Have any of you set your controls up through there interface, if so how easy was it?

Does it start in C&D or do you need to set up a default save state?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just be easy on the throttles tho as she needs hardley any to taxi, shes like a dog on a lead draggin you down the street. Go for it.

+1

This is very true!

No issues when purchasing in the UK at 09:00 GMT, not only was it very smooth, the download took around 30 seconds, very quick.

It looks great, no option to start cold n dark that i can see.  For some reason (might be my setup) throttle lever jammed in reverse and i went backwards across EGCC before colliding with a departing Emirates 777  :lol:

Ian R Tyldesley

Am at work so will have to wait to tonight.

Have any of you set your controls up through there interface, if so how easy was it?

Does it start in C&D or do you need to set up a default save state?

Yes - controls all set up, using the Config Tool.   (quite painless)

The interface is fine, but worth noting that although it appears to work without FSX running, it won't pick up any of your axis movements unless FSX is running.  

So you need to run FSX, have the Q400 on the ground with engines off, and then go to windowed mode and open the Q400's Config Tool.   Then it's a 2 minute job to set up the detents and ranges for the throttles.

Be careful to ensure that you set your Reverse point very low down your axis, otherwise everytime you go to retard throttles to idle (Disc), you'll accidentally command REVERSE!

I have the Tiller working, assigned to Spoiler Axis too ..... takes a LOT of getting used to when you're used to steering with rudder pedals, but works great, and very realistic for the real plane.

........  For some reason (might be my setup) throttle lever jammed in reverse and i went backwards across EGCC before colliding with a departing Emirates 777  :lol:

You need to use the Config Tool mate (while FSX is running and the Q400 is loaded) and you can change your throttle ranges, to avoid this.   :smile:

If you make there demo flight, your default flight then that might give your C&D.?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes - controls all set up, using the Config Tool.   (quite painless)

The interface is fine, but worth noting that although it appears to work without FSX running, it won't pick up any of your axis movements unless FSX is running.  

So you need to run FSX, have the Q400 on the ground with engines off, and then go to windowed mode and open the Q400's Config Tool.   Then it's a 2 minute job to set up the detents and ranges for the throttles.

Be careful to ensure that you set your Reverse point very low down your axis, otherwise everytime you go to retard throttles to idle (Disc), you'll accidentally command REVERSE!

I have the Tiller working, assigned to Spoiler Axis too ..... takes a LOT of getting used to when you're used to steering with rudder pedals, but works great, and very realistic for the real plane.

You need to use the Config Tool mate (while FSX is running and the Q400 is loaded) and you can change your throttle ranges, to avoid this.   :smile:

Lol - i was only teasing her.  I didn't even have the Throttle quadrant plugged in.  I'll take her for a spin later.

Ian R Tyldesley

If you make there demo flight, your default flight then that might give your C&D.?

Yep. Or I just set the aircraft to C&D and saved, and set that flight to default, and when I loaded, it was C&D.

The normal loaded state for the aircraft is batteries ON, but engines and APU off, so beware of flat batteries while you're sitting on the ground drooling at her!

I have a HOTAS warthog and reverse thrust is a pull up and back into place just for it. From the set up you did can you see any problems setting that up.

The Reverse thrust on the warthog is like keeping F2 pressed down.

Basicly I don't want reverse thrust on the throttle axis.

I have a HOTAS warthog and reverse thrust is a pull up and back into place just for it. From the set up you did can you see any problems setting that up.

The Reverse thrust on the warthog is like keeping F2 pressed down.

If your HOTAS uses a button command for the Reverse (in the same way F2 uses a key), it may not work in the Q400.

The Q400 uses part of the normal throttle axis range for reverse (the old Majestic Q300 did the same), rathern than using the standard FSX 'button' approach to reverse.

It leads to better realism overall, as you can apply progressive reverse, but it can be fiddly to get right, and isn't always popular.

Yep. Or I just set the aircraft to C&D and saved, and set that flight to default, and when I loaded, it was C&D.

The normal loaded state for the aircraft is batteries ON, but engines and APU off, so beware of flat batteries while you're sitting on the ground drooling at her!

I thought ground power would be connected and ON?

what about default FSX key bindings? it works? i mean -> F1 to F4 for throthle, F6 to F8 for flaps, CTRL+L to landing lights.. etc?

what about default FSX key bindings? it works? i mean -> F1 to F4 for throthle, F6 to F8 for flaps, CTRL+L to landing lights.. etc?
Yep they seem to work. 

If your HOTAS uses a button command for the Reverse (in the same way F2 uses a key), it may not work in the Q400.

The Q400 uses part of the normal throttle axis range for reverse (the old Majestic Q300 did the same), rathern than using the standard FSX 'button' approach to reverse.

It leads to better realism overall, as you can apply progressive reverse, but it can be fiddly to get right, and isn't always popular.

F2 should work as well:

"You CAN set reverse to the lower portion of the throttle's travel. The configuration utility allows you to set virtual detents on your throttle levers. You can set IDLE to the lower part, leaving reverse outside and then use the key/joystick assignments of your preference. Long press F2 works too."

Samdim

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405246-majestic-q400-website-up-and-running/page-2

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.