Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

New Video by Laminar Research: X-Plane 10 - Fly In A World That Lives & Breathes

Very very nice video. Thank you for notifying.

Not to take away from a nice video but now imagine that video featuring some landmarks!!!

It seems so obvious to me and many others, landmarks = suspension of disbelief = more $$$$$$$ for Laminar.

People get all excited when they see landmarks, it's pyschological. It gives the scenery perspective and context.

Come on Laminar, pick out major world cities and in each city place just a couple of landmarks. B)

Ugh.. they should spend more time on showing night scenery :P

Not to take away from a nice video but now imagine that video featuring some landmarks!!!

It seems so obvious to me and many others, landmarks = suspension of disbelief = more $$$$$$$ for Laminar.

People get all excited when they see landmarks, it's pyschological. It gives the scenery perspective and context.

Come on Laminar, pick out major world cities and in each city place just a couple of landmarks. B)

City addons will come, Aerosoft is onboard already and many others.  It's coming, the sim is still new and in Beta.  Right now, their autogen is amazing with real streets in the city.  My city looks great day/night with the new buildings, cars, road signs, etc.  Soon we will have everything our Grandpa(FSX) has :lol:  :lol:

I too grow a bit impatient, however I have noticed an improvement with the latest updates, autogen seems a lot better.  I also agree it will get much better as third party developers come on board, in fact I have purchased some that I don't fly to yet just to support them. I did the same with x-plane 10. I still often fly in 9.7, but bought the 10 to support the new program. I fly GA's only and in the general area where I live which is Ontario. There are some very,very talented folks who have done some scenery for my area, but it's still pretty empty. Some folks have done the Toronto Skyline and that makes a huge difference in the emersion more then the airports for me at times.

Scot

I hope for a more regional kind of autogen, I was flying on some regions of the middle east (I love to fly over desert areas) an the cities do look so westernized. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Alexander Colka

It's coming, the sim is still new and in Beta. 

I understand that and it was a pretty good excuse for some things.   For landmarks I am not sure that it's a good excuse at all.   I haven't heard anything saying that LR has that on it's radar.

Also,   my night lighting has not been good for some time.  It was when xpx first came out. I wonder if the night lighting in the vid was using the mod to add brightness because mine doesnt look like that by default at all.

I understand that and it was a pretty good excuse for some things.   For landmarks I am not sure that it's a good excuse at all.   I haven't heard anything saying that LR has that on it's radar.

Also,   my night lighting has not been good for some time.  It was when xpx first came out. I wonder if the night lighting in the vid was using the mod to add brightness because mine doesnt look like that by default at all.

it could be a driver/setting issues on your pc, my night flying looks better or equal to the video:

a320neo_11_zpsa4403292.png

a320neo_12_zps56165fba.png

It's more specifically the runways, mine dont look anything like the one near the opening of the video.  I need to get that mod installed.

my runways look like this:  LFPG

a320neo_1_zps490374fb.png

a320neo_2_zpsedfa8532.png

It's more specifically the runways, mine dont look anything like the one near the opening of the video.  I need to get that mod installed.

Downtown Toronto Landmarks by the Amazing Talented CHRIS K:

a320neo_2_zps4c1f1590.png

Also, my night lighting has not been good for some time. It was when xpx first came out. I wonder if the night lighting in the vid was using the mod to add brightness because mine doesnt look like that by default at all.

Jason, there has been a fix to the night lighting available for the past few weeks on X-plane.org. It makes a huge difference and has helped bring me back to the sim (as flying at night was my favourite part).

T_T

Night lightning of Xplane makes me 'meh' of fsx..