Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

Majestic Q400 Cold-Dark Startup

OK
1st IRL this plane would normally be in that state you load it. But imo it would have ground power connect also. So I really don't see what the big deal is with this. I set up a "warm" state for the NGX as C&D is not a normal state.

2nd I have a C& D state every time I load this aircraft and I find it amazing that you all bang on about how you want it, so here is a dummy walk thought how it works for me...GL, The only reason I use a C& D state for this aircraft is I like all the screen start up stuff. anyway...

My default load is a MS172

I loaded the Q400 just like you all do, then I turn off All batt's all ground power/AC switchers and emergency lighting. Nose wheel off and anything else you want off.
Save.
Exit fsx...close it down, switch it off.
Start fsx
load you default flight with the 172 so your in the VC
exit to fsx menu screen
Load the Q400 saved flight.
C& D
There....pls tell me it's not hard?
(I also save this state for the airports I use the Q400 with the right parking spots. e.g gate/parting 24 at EGNX.)

I hope they do bring the option to save states in the FMS like the NGX but it really is not hard to make your own states.

ESzczesniak, on 04 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:
There's more than that. At minimum, the control lock should be on, position lights on and nose wheel steering off. It's not a true "receiving condition" at the moment.

100% agree

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I always start my Q400 flights from C&D for no reason other than I enjoy full set up of this beautiful bird....... I'm addicted to the giro / fans noise that kicks in when you flick on those BATTS on!

OK it works now when loading the fight twice. But is it just me or do the screens in the cockpit still look like they are powered? They don´t look completely black.

Just you

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

<p>Very helpful indeed, mate. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you compare the screens of the MCDU with the screens on the front you can see the difference. The MCDU screens are totally black while the others glow softly.</p>

The problem with full C&D is that I'm sure there'd be plenty of support headache: "I just bought this and it doesn't work!"

For the subset of us heavily into systems, navigation, flight planning, Use ALL the Switches, etc. it can be a little frustrating, but I'm sure each 3rd-party dev strikes their own right balance based on their understanding of greatest happiness for the greatest number.

The rest of us can turn it all off, wait for the heat and fuel to drain, and figure out our own procedures.

I do like A2A Simulations' approach, with in-game interfaces for start choices, fueling, loading, etc. but I'm sure that was non-trivial to achieve, and works explicitly with the way they code up a plane.

It's like FSX itself, there are myriads of different elements, starting points, configuration options..... choose the ones you like.

<p>Very helpful indeed, mate. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you compare the screens of the MCDU with the screens on the front you can see the difference. The MCDU screens are totally black while the others glow softly.</p>

Glow or do you think it could be the glass.

Helpful! Well..... I tried to do a working C&D for anyone having trouble and a full check list, so I do try, but because I do not agree with your opinion you give a " very helpfully indeed" so sorry IMO it is you if you don't like that, that's your problem,

As a new owner of this aircraft I´m going through these posts and I have to add my opinion here.

Its nonsense to say that "you´ll find the aircraft powered in the morning". The Dash that takes off from my closest airport is definetely cold and dark when the pilots enter it in the morning. A GPU unit is attached and the pilots power up the plane.

So I agree fully with those who wonder why to make a complex aircraft for FSX and not to have a C&D situation. Lazyness? Indifference? Incompetence?

You can put this plane into cold and dark in about 10 seconds when you are properly parked. Just turn off paks and air conditioning, then turn off the fuel and batteries and you are in C&D. Some other switches are not turned off in some airlines.Make sure you are not connected to external power, if so turn if off.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Perhaps a CDU option that can load a default panel state can be added when the plane is loaded, then everyone can jump in to whatever configuration they want.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

This has been discussed at length (internally - MJC, and complained/criticized from the consumer side), and while it is something that is for the most part expected due to other developers implementing it into their models (nice feature, as I too do use it), we will have another look at it closer to the completion of the PRO/TRAINING development.

While it is doable, it has been know to cause some other issues which can render your Q400 somewhat unstable - which we found to be un-acceptable.  Hence the reason that we stongly suggest setting the aircrat to the prefered state and then save the situation.  I know it is not the desired method as it can create one or two additional steps - but for now it is solution for putting the aircraft in the desired state.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I always start my Q400 flights from C&D for no reason other than I enjoy full set up of this beautiful bird....... I'm addicted to the giro / fans noise that kicks in when you flick on those BATTS on!

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I do enjoy hearing and seeing a dormant cockpit come to life.

Do any of you own for example the Justflight Canberra, or the Aerosoft´s Twotter, Catalina or Lightning?

Really clever and simple interface within sim which lets you decide whether to go straight up or lure the plane into life...

I do own the Aerosoft TOE.....while that concept works well for the TOE it will not work that well for the Q400.  The PRO Edition already addresses cockpit states, as one will be able to choose several states from the Control Panel.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The PRO Edition already addresses cockpit states, as one will be able to choose several states from the Control Panel.

Any chance panel states would be retrofitted into the Pilot edition at some point?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM