Sign in to follow this  
TXHills

A Multi-Player Option You May Want to Consider

Come Fly with Us at VFR Prop Hops and IFR Jet Hops

www.vfrprophops.com

www.ifrjethops.com

Why …

• A place where you can fly with your friends, with us – whoever.  Our primary server is the VATME server (www.vatmegroup.com) …
    • Wide open – very few pilots, rare ATC.  Allows you to fly where you want, with who you want and when you want without concern for controlled airspace or busy skies
    • Use your flight sim software the way MS ACES or your software designer intended, even when in Multi-Player mode:
      • Full flexibility to change planes, weather, realism settings – you can do anything while connected to the server that you can do in ‘Free Flight’ mode in FSX (or the equivalent in the software you are using)
      • Does not lock you into a specific aircraft or flight sim setting like ‘GameSpy-like’ servers such as FSOpen do.
    • Supports various versions of Microsoft flight sim software and X-Plane
  • We organize events and provide flight plans for hops and IFR routes.  We will organize hops and events at your request if we can – or let you host your own thing!
  • We can help you expand your flying skills if you would like …
    • Learn pilotage, dead reckoning, VOR and NDB navigation and other skills used by general aviation pilots
    • Learn instrument approaches, use of IFR flight plans including SIDs and STARs and airways navigation as done in the commercial transport world
    • Learn general aviation / VFR radio skills for uncontrolled airports and proper radio procedures for controlled airspace without the crowded servers and high pressure ATC environment.
    • We’ll hold practice sessions at your request to help you improve your flying skills, expand to new aircraft and practice your radio communication and ATC communication skills.
  • We can help you transition to busier environments like VATSIM (www.vatsim.net) with confidence and will fly there with you.  We will provide you access to our library of flight plans pre-programmed for FSX and FlightSim Commander (other formats provided on request, if we can).  No need to fear the busy environments and miss out on flying with a great group of folks like those at VATSIM.
  • We have our own TeamSpeak 3 channel and if you join VATME you will also have access to their TeamSpeak 3 system (which includes a subchannel for VFR Prop Hops and IFR Jet Hops).
  • We can help you set up Multi-Player server and TeamSpeak connections, solve problems with controllers and other peripherals, tweak aircraft and FSX performance and point you to helpful resources, free maps and flight planners and other great stuff.

I don't see a lot of info on your site, what software do you use to connect?

Jay

Because of hackers our site is limited until you sign up - the same thing is true for the VATME site.

We use FSCopilot/FSInn - this works for all of the servers we fly on (VATME, VATSIM, HoverControl and DVFC).

The installation is fairly straightforward - we can help you via TeamSpeak if you need some assistance.  You will need to sign up on VATME (and VATSIM, etc if you  want to use their servers) in order to get a pilot ID and password for the server.

Feel free to contact me directly at txhills-fsx@att.net.

Tks for the info, we already use FSInn now. I was looking for a server, if one even exists, that doesn't have any 'lag', so planes don't jump and slew when you get close to them.

Jay

Yep - and when you find one let us know!  I have heard that the FSOpen (and maybe other 'GameSpy-Like' servers) do not have the same problem - we have some folks that do close formation flying and have used FSOpen for that (I will verify).

Since you have FSCopilot/FSInn you might want to try the VATME server (since there are very few folks on there and it may be a bit better than others).

I know what FSHost is but what is FSOpen? Never heard of it.

Never mind, I found it. That's just a group of LAN connections. The problem with those is you don't have all the normal FSX options available once you are in a session. We have used a LAN before, it is smooth but too limited.

Jay

The club I am a member of " Virtual International  Flying Club "  ( VIFC ) has anything you want ATC, just flying alone free style or you can choose  programs that has a list of airports and after completion you are given a promotion in your rank. Everyone is super nice and helpful. I am shy , but no problems there.I can't describe the fun  I have had since I joined. They are looking for new members.

that doesn't have any 'lag', so planes don't jump and slew when you get close to them

Because of the way FSInn works you wont find one that does not "jump".

However any server which just requires a direct connect will not have this effect. (eg ones running FSOpen)

Because of the way FSInn works you wont find one that does not "jump".

However any server which just requires a direct connect will not have this effect. (eg ones running FSOpen)

tks, I didnt know FSOpen was direct connect

Jay

Staff opportunites as well as atc opportunities not trained in atc thats ok we will train you come join in at katl virtual www.katlvirtual.com we have a teamspeak our connection info is below as well as a fsopen 24/7 server dont miss your chance join now

TEAMSPEAK ADDRESS : TS3.KATLVIRTUAL.COM