Sign in to follow this  
conura

Does X-Plane 10 have what I want?

Hey all,

I have given up on FSX quite some time ago due to crashes and generally spending all my time tweaking.

I have read a lot and am about to give the demo ago but my question is, will X-Plane 10 do what I want...

I'm not an advanced addon user, I just really like to go into a reasonably advanced (I do not need PMDG level though it is nice, but I do like a good amount of complexity), start up the jet, take off, fly and land in nice looking cities. I don't care too much about accurate autogen, as long as the atmosphere is right.

Basically, if I buy X Plane 10 plus a decent jet aircraft addon (what do you suggest), can I do flights around Europe with nice looking terrain and realistic AI traffic...

That's all I really want from a sim to get my fix.

Hope the answer is yes, I'm about to give the demo ago once it's finished downloading but of course, I know it won't have payware aircraft so it'll be like testing FSX out on the default 737!

Thankyou.

XP10 is getting a 737 this year identical or better to the PMDG:

http://www.ixeg.net/gallery

There is also an advanced Boeing 777 Worldliner:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=452

Advanced 727:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Categories?category=Boeing+Aircraft%3A727+Series

Advanced Airbus A320:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=436

New this week:  World Traffic Basic with Advanced version soon:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=463

Advanced CRJ-200:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=292

and many more addons from Carenado, Aerosoft, etc.  We also have a Developer called TRUSCENERY who make scenery addons identical or better to ORBX: see video below,  AND ALL ADDONS ARE 64bit :drinks:

Hi guys,

Is the demo the latest build or very old?

Thanks for your replies

Luke, the demo has an updater in the install directory so you can get the most up to date version easily.

If you fly Europe you are lucky that you could create a lot of scenery from the free osm data around but there is a time investment in doing that and the datasets were reasonably large to download (from memory). 

Hello everyone,

My disks have arrived and I've installed. I like the 727 a lot but I'd like a second jet to go alongside it, something modern.

From what I've read the 777 Worldliner and the CRJ are the most complex aircraft addons, is this correct? If so, which is superior and do they approach PMDG level of details?

They're both expensive so I want to make a wise purchase.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

My disks have arrived and I've installed. I like the 727 a lot but I'd like a second jet to go alongside it, something modern.

From what I've read the 777 Worldliner and the CRJ are the most complex aircraft addons, is this correct? If so, which is superior and do they approach PMDG level of details?

They're both expensive so I want to make a wise purchase.

Thank you.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss buy the 777 Extended :Party: it's equal or better to PMDG and the whole plane is modeled inside/out plus ground crew.  Don't forget the amazing A320 which is half the price of the 777 and has more goodies.

The 777 looks very interesting and I like XPX, trouble is, those 2 items would run $170...too much.  I have sunk way too much money into FSX over the years and cant just walk away from it.

Damn shame because XPX is still under development and uses all cores I see.  FPS is great at full settings.  I would say if you can afford it, definitely move to XPX.

spacer.png

The 777 looks very interesting and I like XPX, trouble is, those 2 items would run $170...too much.  I have sunk way too much money into FSX over the years and cant just walk away from it.

Damn shame because XPX is still under development and uses all cores I see.  FPS is great at full settings.  I would say if you can afford it, definitely move to XPX.

Bonus: Free KLAX (los Angeles) and KLGA (New York LaGuardia) with your purchase. a $60 value for free.

when you buy the 777

esssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss buy the 777 Extended :Party: it's equal or better to PMDG and the whole plane is modeled inside/out plus ground crew.

The 777 looks good in general, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's as good as PMDG. One the VC is not prototypical. There is no TO/GA button on the MCP of the real 777. It would have been better if they implemented a hidden button, like PMDG and others do. Second since this is a model of the 777-200LR/F The cockpit should not have steam standby gauges. It should have the ISFD. This would be alright though for the 200 or 200ER (BTW CS also did the same thing, the difference though was they started out with 200ER model, but they added the LR mid development, but didn't update the VC to match!), and third the EFB looks like it was an after thought, it does not resemble the real one. For example it's missing the top row function buttons. Even Captain Sim got this right!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It would have been better if they implemented a hidden button, like PMDG and others do.

so invisible buttons in a plane are more realistic than a real button.... :lol:  B)  :P  :LMAO:  :Thinking:

so invisible buttons in a plane are more realistic than a real button.... :lol:  B)  :P  :LMAO:  :Thinking:

On simulations on a screen, some compromises are necessary, so yes an invisible button graphically is more realistic, and a better compromise, then a visible button that is not suppose to be there!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

On simulations on a screen, some compromises are necessary, so yes an invisible button graphically is more realistic, and a better compromise, then a visible button that is not suppose to be there!!

Hi,

That is a shame that there are some cockpit inaccuracies but I'm glad to hear PMDG are going to be producing an aircraft for X Plane. I have noticed a few areas where PMDG are better but it's so close that it doesn't actually bother me. For example, in the NGX you need to set both AP switches however in this aircraft they are linked. But these details are extremely minor!

Isn't the TOGA button on the throttle or yoke irl? I have it bound to my x52 throttle so I don't need to click an invisible switch :D

(I see what you mean by the way, they have simply added a TOGA button - that is annoying!)

For example, in the NGX you need to set both AP switches however in this aircraft they are linked. But these details are extremely minor!

I believe that is the way it's suppose to be in the 777, the AP is more automated, so I don't think there is an issue there (I could be wrong)

Isn't the TOGA button on the throttle or yoke irl? I have it bound to my x52 throttle so I don't need to click an invisible switch :D

Usually on the throttle. To use it in the sim would mean, changing your viewpoint at one of the most important phases of flight, hence the compromise. If you are able to link it to a hardware throttle button or joystick, that's even better!!

(I see what you mean by the way, they have simply added a TOGA button - that is annoying!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!