Sign in to follow this  
bthiago

ZGSD Airport Not in The Database

Guys,

Tried today to do a flight from  ZSPD to ZGSD and when I insert the airport in the FMC it says is not in the Database or something like that. I have the latest Navigraph Data. Is there a fix for this?

My%20Signature.jpg

Guys,

Tried today to do a flight from  ZSPD to ZGSD and when I insert the airport in the FMC it says is not in the Database or something like that. I have the latest Navigraph Data. Is there a fix for this?

This would be something you'd have to ask Navigraph about. For what it's worth it it isn't there in the latest Navdata Pro set either and that's real life data that comes from LIDO.

Is it possible the ICAO changed or the airport was closed?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

According to Wikipedia, Zhuhai Jinwan Airport (ZGSD), formerly Zhuhai Sanzao Airport, is the airport serving the city of Zhuhai in Guangdong province, China. An interesting conundrum. ZGSD is listed in Navigraph's AIRAC 1207 (June-July 2012).  It was not listed in an old (2004) ICAO database I found buried on my PC. The airport listed for Zhuhai was ZGUH. I'd agree ask Navigraph.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

I`ll ask, but my flight had to inverted to VMMC (Macau). Thanks for the help guys.

My%20Signature.jpg

ZGSD exists and is still operational. For some reason you need to make a special request from Jeppesen to get the navdata and charts. There are a few places around I know of that are like this. The other one I can think of is Halong Bay Airport in Vietnam. 

Does anyone know where to get this airport for fsx? Can`t find anywhere.

My%20Signature.jpg

The Peoples Republic of China Vatsim website normally has the file you need but it is currently undergoing a rewrite and the site isn't online at the moment.

You need ChinaAirportsV3_FSX.exe which is also available around the web - do a search. It contains around 50 new or enhanced Chinese airports when I installed it.

Rog

Rog Hanson

All of those links are obviously pointing to the same source - which does not exist. I think I'll take ADE and Plan-G 2, building it from scretch.

Regards,
Axel

All of those links are obviously pointing to the same source - which does not exist. I think I'll take ADE and Plan-G 2, building it from scretch.

If you do that, I`ll be so much appreciate. Let me know if you need anything. Do you think would also be possible to make this one Yining China (ZWYN)?

Thanks,

Thiago

My%20Signature.jpg

All of those links are obviously pointing to the same source - which does not exist. I think I'll take ADE and Plan-G 2, building it from sketch.

Oops, building alone the airport from sketch doesn't make it. I'm ready with its general layout but it hangs with one end over the ocean as the coastline of MS is definitely wrong. Moreover, if compared to satellite pictures the island has been transformed to a peninsula, obviously in order to gain land for the growing population of Zhuhai. As it is a real pain in the back to develop new coast lines (I'm used to build airports rather than water polygons and coast lines) I'm thinking on giving up. The results from yesterday’s work you may see here in the attached picture. The old coast line crossing the runway is still there and will be deleted in the next step. However, I think I’ll leave the rest as it is.

Regards,
Axel

It does look good. I just need to land there in order to get credit for the flight. That's all.

What type of software do you use to make airports? I`m so willing to learn to build and reconstruction some of them.

Thanks,

Thiago

My%20Signature.jpg

It does look good. I just need to land there in order to get credit for the flight. That's all.

What type of software do you use to make airports? I`m so willing to learn to build and reconstruction some of them.

Thanks,

Thiago

Thiago,

It's all freeware and as mentioned already above, I use:

1. Airport Design Editor (ADE)

2. Plan-G (old version 2, as it is based on Google Maps). You might find here a forum and probably a link to the old version.

If you have the right charts you could do it of course without Google's pictures. However, you'll need to try and to learn. Specifiacally ADE is a really powerful tool.

You could help me with an airport layout of ZGSD (taxiway designators etc.).  I did find something but this is not sufficient for designing as it only shows quite roughly the layout.

At the moment I'm placing default buildings according to the sat pictures and jetways as well. In order to do it right you should know about constructing those buildings yourself as there is no alikeness, just the dimensions (about).

Regards,
Axel