Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

Figured it out!

Well, after experiencing this - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/404770-considering-a-move/page-2

I was able to localize the issue. P3D works flawlessly on my system (sorta), but it seems that once I had completed a flight or was simply messing around, I'd hit the escape key. That would cause the sim to crash. Why it did and continues to do this I have no idea whatsoever, however, I can live with using the menu bar to exit, it's not a big deal just rather frustrating.

One issue remains though. For the life of me, I can get P3D recognize my slider/throttle on my stick. Any ideas on this aspect?

FSUIPC.pngIf you don't have FSUIPC (full version), then it's worth the purchase.

You can allocate your sliders and buttons to you're hearts content.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I appreciate the post and all, but am I the only one that thinks having to purchase another piece of software to get a existing piece of software to function properly is absurd? Honestly, I can forgive the terrible UI in all it's horrendousness, but having jacked up and or unresponsive control surfaces, ones that are supported according to the manual and settings tabs, simply ridiculous.

I really hope we see some major improvements in the sim. My copy is just gathering digital dust.

Well, after experiencing this - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/404770-considering-a-move/page-2

I was able to localize the issue. P3D works flawlessly on my system (sorta), but it seems that once I had completed a flight or was simply messing around, I'd hit the escape key. That would cause the sim to crash. Why it did and continues to do this I have no idea whatsoever, however, I can live with using the menu bar to exit, it's not a big deal just rather frustrating.

One issue remains though. For the life of me, I can get P3D recognize my slider/throttle on my stick. Any ideas on this aspect?

When you use an ESC key to exit a program, you are essentially aborting the program. This leaves unfreed memory, variables and god knows what else lying around to effect your system. there is a reason that programs have a close or exit function - it is to ideally leave your system in the same condition as it started - using the ESC key defeats that.

As far as the joystick - if it were P3D and it's interface - we all would have  the problem. Have you contacted the stick mfgr for any help?

FSUIPC is an add-on - it is NOT required to run any joystick or yoke but if you want maximum control over all settings on an individual a/c basis - it's the only way to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

There is something strange with joysticks and P3D. Mine works fine in FSX but no throttle in P3D, same as yours.

Phil

Hi,

There is something strange with joysticks and P3D. Mine works fine in FSX but no throttle in P3D, same as yours.

Phil

Are any other joysticks being detected and default axis assigned?

Also, make sure you set throttle/RPM/Mixture axis sensitivity to FULL (full right) and DEADZONE to NILL (full left)...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I appreciate the post and all, but am I the only one that thinks having to purchase another piece of software to get a existing piece of software to function properly is absurd?

That's somewhat fair but FSUIPC does give you far more control over your controls (more control over calibration, creation of null zones, custom behavior (I use one of my throttle levers for flaps sometimes and could use another for speed breaks when I get around to it), forgives issues with aircraft, and some other things.  I'd call it somewhat of the thing that brings it together.  Yeah I grumbled a bit when I bought it (pretty much for the same reason) but it makes things easier and makes other things possible.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Can't imagine running FSX without FSUIPC. The joystick calibration alone is worth the money.

Thanks JCOMM for your suggestions,

The settings are as you suggested and P3D is recognizing the T160000M stick. It gets stranger, when I try to calibrate the stick the bar graph moves with the throttle slider but it will not operate in flight?

Phil

Thanks JCOMM for your suggestions,

The settings are as you suggested and P3D is recognizing the T160000M stick. It gets stranger, when I try to calibrate the stick the bar graph moves with the throttle slider but it will not operate in flight?

Phil

Try to delete that assignement (from the throttle axis). :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yep all you need to do is assign a new axis, and then remove the old one. My stick works fine now.

Thanks JCOMM,

Just like campbene, mine is working just fine now.

That's great, Well done, thanks again

Phil