Sign in to follow this  
Bionor

Tip of the day: FS-SIMtimizer

Hi!

I fairly new on this site, so apologies if this has already been posted:-)

I've been reading alot of post and reviews for thirdparty addons, complaining about not being able to use fullscreen when using a second(or third) monitor for other programs like ProATC, EFB, FSCommander and such.

I was having the same issue and used to spend my time with FSX in windowed mode. While reading som topic on Poinsofts forum, one of the ProATC devs gave me  a tip about a great little program called FS-SIMtimizer that allows you to use FSX fullscreen but also have access to your other monitors as well. I have yet to test this on three monitors, but it works fantastic on two so I see no reason why this shouldnt work on three:-)

It does a bunch of others stuff I haven't tried/needed. Its written by a german guy and website is also in german so can't really tell what it says, but the program itself is in english. Best of all; its free:-)

From the author: "Here you can use 2 (or more) monitors with FS in an "optimated fullscreen-mode" on one monitor and any wanted application on the other. Just give it a try. After starting FS, bring it into window-mode. Start FS-SIMtimizer, press Alt+Enter, enjoy."

http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.php?page=Thread&postID=127639

Googletranslated: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.friendlyflusi.at%2Findex.php%3Fpage%3DThread%26postID%3D127639

Btw, I have no connection with the author, I just found this to be verfy helpfull and wanted to share:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Hi,

Agreed!  FS-Simitizer is a great little program...I use it when flying on VATSIM, screen looks exactly like full screen, works like a charm.

This is just awesome, I've been looking for something to do this for a while now! I will give it a go a bit later on today

FS-Simitizer is a life saver! I have 2xmonitors and i use one for instruments. However i had to use windowed  mode in order to prevent  FSX  from crasching/ screen blackouts, but that would kill my fps. Fs-simitizer solved innoing problem forever and i can now have Full screen on no probs.