Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Developers to Merge !

This topic is merely to wonder on what would it be like if current developers were to merge. Just as in the real world with Airlines. Who in the sim world would make a successful merge and who do you think would make a disaster? Perhaps this may never happen; or, perhaps it has already happened with a couple of developers.

For example:

I wonder what products we would have if Aerosoft and PMDG were to merge. Or  CS and Abacus ? And what about VRS and Milviz? Or, REX and Active Sky ?  How about FlyTampa and ORBX ... Uhhhhh, imagine, just imagine..I think we would have some out-of-this-world scenery.  And, how about Mcphat and another skillful painter ?  Or Level D and BBS ?  And think about FSL with I-Fly ?

I think it would be interesting to see how high the standards would be raised.

Carenado and Flight 1?  So Carenado G1000 would be F1 G1000?

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Or  CS and Abacus ?

No offense to Abacus, but if CS and Abacus were to merge I think we would have some very ugly aircraft.

On the other hand...I think if all the add-on developers were to merge they should make a new Simulator.

Now this is interesting!

I would welcome a combination of Aerosoft locational diversity, FlyTampa performance, FSDT detail, and FTX coverage. Seeing Airbus X / Captain Sim graphics with PMDG aircraft would also be cool.

Practically, however, there must always be competition in order for constant innovation and high standards to be maintained.

I think the best merger would be PMDG and Majestic! I hate to say it, but I think Majestic has out did PMDG with their Q400! At least in performance. It is just as complex, and in some ways due to the nature of the aircraft, more complex then the NGX, and it includes a weather radar! Performance is where this bird really shines I only have a 3.0GHZ E6850 C2D. With it I'm getting consistent 25-30FPS frame rates even with the weather radar on, in most circumstances with 100% UT2 traffic. In similar circumstances I only get about 12-14FPS with the NGX. From what I see, it even uses  less Virtual address space then the NGX. So I think if Majestic merged with PMDG, they could implement their way of doing systems into PMDG aircraft, and we could have not only the most accurate models available, but also the best performing!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm very curious about this as well, but... I would have to say that it would be extremely unlikely due the fact that most of the companies are run by one (maybe two) people... and we are ego-manical, arrogant and self centered pri&,  Which means working with someone else JUST like US... is absolutely, thoroughly NOT ON.

But a nice thought.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I would have to say that it would be extremely unlikely due the fact that most of the companies are run by one (maybe two) people

So that's why PMDG take so long at developing... :lol:

Hey, how about CS and PMDG?  That sounds like a working relationship!

CS kick AXX visuals with PMDG systems!  YEAH!!!

I'm very curious about this as well, but... I would have to say that it would be extremely unlikely due the fact that most of the companies are run by one (maybe two) people... and we are ego-manical, arrogant and self centered pri&,  Which means working with someone else JUST like US... is absolutely, thoroughly NOT ON.

But a nice thought.

Okay, you gave the answer I was about to post...which is  very funny!  I thought to make this post serious but I love when we include a great sense of humor. So, on the "laughable" side of things this is how it would turn out:

-- CS and Abacus: Will result in a pretty plane with a crocodilian landing gear. :Skull:

-- Aerosoft and PMDG: Zero !  "I told you already it's not going to work, I know about sytems...Sut-up, I know how to make it look good! Bang, punch, kick, slap, jab ." :lol:

-- VRS and Milviz: "Hey, that missile is not going to work...yes it will... NO IT WON'T ...YES IT WILL...look I just shot down that guy flying that 737 ng. " No you didn't, it's still flying!" "Oh wait it's not a 737; it's an Airbus!"

:Devil:

-- VRS and Milviz: "Hey, that missile is not going to work...yes it will... NO IT WON'T ...YES IT WILL...look I just shot down that guy flying that 737 ng. " No you didn't, it's still flying!" "Oh wait it's not a 737; it's an Airbus!"

:LMAO:  :LMAO: :LMAO: I think it would be more of a battle between me and the 2 programmers over the pros and cons of XML (I absolutely detest it).

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Competition may not help the "supply side" so much - but it definitely helps us, the consumers.

From my point of view Aerosoft, for example, has become quite large with a big pool of more or less tightly associated developers around them. There is no consistent level of quality in their releases - there may be a PANC (or PAFA or EDNY - ever heard of that one?) this time ... and a LIRF (or a "DEX") next time.

Anyone noticed yet that the new UK development team of ORBX isn't yet quite up-to-par with their devs taking care of Alaska, Canada and the whole NA?

That's why I don't want that merges/concentration/overly growth to happen in the first place!

- I'm fine with PMDG releasing a plane every, whatever, 1-3 years or so. With quality spot-on.

- I'm fine with a number of mid-level devs around, too: They give me some variety in plane types and different flightdeck experiences.

- I admire that there are still "one-man-shows" around who even have a chance to contribute to our hobby in a descent way (heard of that CRJ coming up?).

- I've transitioned from FS9 to FSX (90% anyway) - still I'm glad to hear there are scenery/airport developers around who take care of FS9 (shame that Hungary is such a small country ...).

So, let's encourage that competition to go on - the plane plain truth is: We need a variety of drugs for our addiction anyway!

No offense to Abacus, but if CS and Abacus were to merge I think we would have some very ugly aircraft.

On the other hand...I think if all the add-on developers were to merge they should make a new Simulator.

I have a bad feeling about this......

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'd would love to see Lockheed Martin (the sim division, of course) and X-Plane merge.Maybe then we could get the best of both worlds?

Mario Di Lauro