Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Very nice story from Delta

A heart warming story....a little boy lost his dad when he fell and died whilst hanging Christmas lights.

The little boy obviously felt the separation with his beloved Dad and carried his father's shirt as a comforter everywhere he went. Unfortunately the shirt was left behind in a Delta aircraft, and all seemed lost until Delta came to the rescue

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/delta-airlines-digs-deep-for-grieving-boy/story-e6frfq80-1226626796528

Touching! It's nice that these massive corporations still occasionally go to great lengths to help individuals. 

The last time I checked a bag on Delta they didn't seem very interested in finding it after it didn't show up at my destination.

The last time I flew Delta, they told us we could leave belongings on the plane (it was a layover and i'd be returning to my seat in an hour).  I left my coat, but was smart enough to take my laptop.  When I came back my coat was gone.  I immediately contacted a FA, who contacted cleaning.  Cleaning did not have a coat.  Upon landing, I went to their baggage claim area and attempted to find my coat again through lost baggage, they once again had no idea.  See ya Christmas gift coat.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

However, in this case, there was a big payoff in customer goodwill if the coat could be found, as the story would undoubtedly hit the press somewhere and generate warm fuzzy thoughts of Delta Airlines humanity. (there are often whole departments in some companies to make sure this is so)

While working at a humongous multinational (which shall remain nameless) I stopped one blizzardly morning by a van overturned on the highway with a man trapped inside. I called the police and stayed with the man until they arrived (the roads had been declared closed but I was still technically allowed to drive) and after giving details to the officers went on my way, arriving at work about half an hour late. (actually a bit more due to the weather)

I was immediately lit into by a manager who explained to me in no uncertain terms that I had one and only one responsibility and that was to be in to work on time, no matter what. (she was very angry that so many people had called out, unable to make it in due to weather conditions and the roads being closed) and that stopping on the roads to render assistance was absolutely not an acceptable excuse. Others, she told me would have come upon the accident eventually, so there was no need for me to have stopped.

This ignores the fact of the closed highways, and that at the time me and the overturned van where the only vehicles in sight. (In fact I only saw a handful of other vehicles on my entire trip in) I also could not help wondering how she would have felt about it if she was the one trapped and cold, in an overturned van with people unconcernedly driving by, blithely telling themselves that somebody else would eventually stop to help.

Besides the inhumanity of it, what really ###### me off was that if I had been given an award, or the incident had made the news (with me being mentioned for some reason) the company would have absolutely and without question immediately run with it and blared loudly about it in all the "right" places about the public spirit of its great employees.......

Yeah.  :unsure:

After years of seeing things like that again and again, I admit (sadly) to being amazingly cynical about the "humanity" of large corporations.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5