Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Q400 Bouncing at Startup

Hello,

MY new Majestic Q400 bounces around the airport when I start it up. I always start with the "complex startup" and all is fine.

I then load the Q400 and it is "bouncing" around the start point - into the air.

I can usually stop it with a reset of the flight and a new load.

What causes this to happen?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Sagel

Good question... it happens to me as well, when I change from a default Cessna I have as part of the default flight setup...

A

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Unofficial Majestic Software Support forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

We are looking into this issue.  We are aware that there are times that the Dash tends to have a jittery effect just after loading, and we though that we addressed this issue.  Usually after loading the aircraft you will see some compression on the main and nose gear (possibly a skip or two), but the aircraft usually settles there after.  But the bouncing that you are experiencing seems to somewhat more aggressive.

Please bear in mind that because of the JSBSim interface for the FDE, the Dash has to rely heavily on FSX's Simconnect for interaction.  That is why you may see a slight pause when in flight, switching from 2D to Full Screen or after un-pausing the sim while in flight.

Please try this for me;
Load the Dash directly from the FLY NOW (choose airport, wx, time, etc.) state of the sim (no need to select a Cessna or Complex Startup mode). - ----then....

Load the Cessna, shut the engines down if you choose to, then load the Dash

Is the Dash displaying the same behavior?

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The bouncing effect is more pronounced when you load directly from an FSX default aircraft in the main panel page.  I think it has a lot to do with the Dash-8 not having a main panel yet.  If you load from a default FSX aircraft in the virtual cockpit, you rarely get the effect.  If you do, the effect is greatly reduced and stops within a couple of seconds.  Just my experience so far.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I seem to have an extreme form of this bouncing problem. Everything goes fine until I'm taxing, then the plane bounces a few times and then takes off like a helicopter spins around in the air then crashes. It does this every time I try to fly and it’s driving me crazy! I want to fly this beautiful plane. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Joel

I seem to have an extreme form of this bouncing problem. Everything goes fine until I'm taxing, then the plane bounces a few times and then takes off like a helicopter spins around in the air then crashes. It does this every time I try to fly and it’s driving me crazy! I want to fly this beautiful plane. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel, are you running the affinity mask tweak? It fixed the issue for me.

Joel, are you running the affinity mask tweak? It fixed the issue for me.

I don't know, I'v never heard of the "afinity mask tweak"

If I start FSX and select the Q400 then select the airport and click Fly Now. I get NO bounce.

If I then select a default FSX plane, let it load and re-select the Q400 the plane will bounce several times (maybe 2-3) settle down and everything will be normal.

For me, this behaviour can only be reproduced if I follow the steps above. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joel

Suffering the same problem

Hit 'Y' twice, and you'll be okay.

What is "Y" for?

If I start FSX and select the Q400 then select the airport and click Fly Now. I get NO bounce

I did have the problem in this situation.....

What is "Y" for?

If I start FSX and select the Q400 then select the airport and click Fly Now. I get NO bounce

If memory serves me correctly 'y' turns on/off slew mode.

What is "Y" for?
If memory serves me correctly 'y' turns on/off slew mode.

Thanks Darkstar!

The SLEW function does arrest the bounce problem.  But I have found that the bounce seems to be a bit more exaggerated if the dash is loaded after a default FSX plane..

I have not been very active on the forums today because I wanted to get up with Oley so we could attempt to find some work arounds for some of the issues.  This being one of them.  We may be onto to something that should fix the problem but it still requires quite a bit of testing.

Thanks for your patience.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos