Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Q400 Bouncing at Startup

All,

The stuttering and spinning program may be due to one or more of the following (Number 3 below should probably be the first thing you check):

1.The mjc84.cfg file may have become corrupt (I did this intentionally in testing a few things) and what happens is that it causes the type of dysfunction such as the spinning that people are talking about.  Going to a clean mjc84.cfg file might well correct this (ask Majestic for it, as i don't know if copying and renaming the Full Controls CFG would give you the same CFG).

2. If all else fails, uninstall, turn off User Account Control, and reinstall. I found that having User Account Control turned on can cause the problems noted above.

NOTE: If you run with User Account Control turned off, you should not use your computer under an Admin account and you should run a good Ant-Malware program.

Dave

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Re 1, above... the Q400 did not add or change anything to my dll.xml file, would you expect it to?  :unsure: 

Bert

Re 1, above... the Q400 did not add or change anything to my dll.xml file, would you expect it to?

Just checked mine.. you're correct, it didn't.  I was basing that line on past experience with other addons. After I installed the Dash 8 and rebooted, all I did was quickly check the format without reading each line (just a habit I've developed over the years).

I'll edit my suggestions.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

AM=7 also gives me the smoothest performance with this airplane, but I would welcome an explanation of the settings in the ini file that (hopefully) would allow the Q400 code to run on Core0 and, using AM=14, let FSX run on Core1..

AM=14 is what I've been using for years now - and I would prefer to go back to it :unsure:

Wel Bert it seems a bit confusing in the ini file indeed but I read 1 bit per core thus core =0 should give 1 and am = 14 going to test that one...

As for the bounching change the following values in red bold :-)

[contact_points]

point.0=1,  -8.50,  0.00,  -8.00, 1600, 0, 1.83, 46.8, 2.5, 2.5, 0.55, 10.0, 10.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0

point.1=1, -56.50, -14.42,  -9.95, 1600, 0, 2.66, 0.0, 2.5, 2.5, 0.65,  9.0,  9.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0

point.2=1, -56.50,  14.42,  -9.95, 1600, 0, 2.66, 0.0, 2.5, 2.5, 0.65,  9.0,  9.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0

point.3=2, -65.00, -39.00,  0.00, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.4=2, -65.00,  39.00,  0.00, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.5=2, -43.00,   0.00, -3.80, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.6=2, -98.00,   0.00, 16.00, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.7=2,  -8.00,   0.00, -2.00, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

point.8=2, -80.00,   0.00, -1.50, 1000, 0, 0.000,0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

static_pitch = -1.65 // -1.75

static_cg_height = 8.5

//static_cg_height = 3.5

André

Wel Bert it seems a bit confusing in the ini file indeed but I read 1 bit per core thus core =0 should give 1 and am = 14 going to test that one...

Well, I'm still waiting for someone to explain the three lines in the ini file... confusing yes, but the authors surely had something in mind..

Bert

Well, I'm still waiting for someone to explain the three lines in the ini file... confusing yes, but the authors surely had something in mind..

This gives core 0 just tested ;-)

[sYSTEM]

; timing source  0=Queue Timer, 1=Multimedia Timer

TimingSource=0

; disabling the FDE to FSX syncronization might be necessary if unlimited fps setting is used

disableFDEtoFSXSync=0

; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs

disableFSXCPUBypass=1

; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run

; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0

systemThreadsCPUMask=1

graphicsThreadCPUMask=1

André

The bouncing is due to FSUIPC Auto Save.  Please disable this option

The initial single "bounce" can be lighten with the gear fix provided in this forum, we will also integrate it in the aircraft.cfg in the udpate

Best regards,

Oleksiy Frolov

Majestic Software Support

disableFSXCPUBypass=1

; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run

; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0

systemThreadsCPUMask=1

graphicsThreadCPUMask=1

Hey Andre, this seems to work with my favorite AM=14 setting.. thanks!

Bert

Happy I could do something back Bert ;-)

The bouncing is due to FSUIPC Auto Save.  Please disable this option

The initial single "bounce" can be lighten with the gear fix provided in this forum, we will also integrate it in the aircraft.cfg in the udpate

Best regards,

Oleksiy Frolov

Majestic Software Support

Thanks for a wonderfull Dash 8 Q400 :drinks:

André

Interestingly enough I've found my own sweet spot for the bouncing issue.

I found it using the original aircraft.cfg (no contact point edits), AF=14, FSX frames internally locked at 30, and FSX-FDE sync disabled.

Sounds strange and seems to go against the tide here, but I just did a flight CYVR-KPDX and the ground was smooth as glass, as was the in-air FDE. I've tried the other options here, including both of the provided contact point edits, and the reverse of what I have in terms of frames unlimited and sync enabled, but the bounces didn't go away. With what I said above, bounces are gone for me.

Of course this may not work for everyone, and may go against dev recommendations, but this has worked perfectly for me.

Hi Bert,

So what is the setting that you used?

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Interestingly enough I've found my own sweet spot for the bouncing issue.

I found it using the original aircraft.cfg (no contact point edits), AF=14, FSX frames internally locked at 30, and FSX-FDE sync disabled.

Sounds strange and seems to go against the tide here, but I just did a flight CYVR-KPDX and the ground was smooth as glass, as was the in-air FDE. I've tried the other options here, including both of the provided contact point edits, and the reverse of what I have in terms of frames unlimited and sync enabled, but the bounces didn't go away. With what I said above, bounces are gone for me.

Of course this may not work for everyone, and may go against dev recommendations, but this has worked perfectly for me.

Same here Kyle. I haven't touched anything in that ini file and ithe dash works great. I did once and totally WACKed performance. Im just running same as every other aircraft (FSX,cfg AM14) and havn't even touched that control panel except for engine throttle calibration. Majestic is coming out with a fix for those with bouncing aircraft.

Hi Bert,

So what is the setting that you used?

Thanks

I used the setting in my post.. as suggested by Andre.

Bert

I have a 4 core CPU (I7 975EE - no HT) and I'm using AM=14.

After several flights I have found that best performance will be achieved with :

systemThreadsCPUMask=1
graphicsThreadCPUMask=12

So Q400 systems are running on "unused" CPU 1 (which is used for ASN etc.) and the graphics are running on core 3 and 4. Setting both tasks to CPU 1 gives me more stuttering espacially if flying over more detailed landscape (e.g. ORBX areas).

All tests were done with FTX Global / Vector / ASN and UT2.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled