Sign in to follow this  
harry2394

Good Specs for iFly 737NG FSX?

Hi there,

I haven't brought the iFly 737NG yet and want some advice on good computer specs before I possibly do.

At current, I have the following system:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2

Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 6144MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Chip: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Approx. Total Memory: 1664MB

Screen Res.:  Inbuilt Laptop Screen: 1366 x 768

External Monitor: 1280 x 1024

Is there anyone who has similar specs who could let me know how it runs?

If people think that these specs won't run it smoothly, could you post an example of what works for you or what might be good system specs to go for?  In the future, I might be able to spend maximum £500 on a PC.

Even if not in my price range, could people tell me their frame rates and specs with either the PMDG 737NGX or the iFly 737NG?

Thanks,

Harry Sugden

You are certainly going to be better to upgrade that one, especially if £500 is your limit.

Graphics card is a must, go for a Nvidia 560Ti at the VERY LEAST, better should also really be a must. Next get a new proccessor, that can be unlocked and over clocked.

I reccomend you check out the Hardware and software guide at the top of this forum, it is quite useful, also looking though the other posts on new systems will give you ideas on what to do

A

Note that  Ifly does not officially work with Win 8, although some people have got it to work. I have not and Ifly does not support it which is a shame as I do like it

and have it working OK on my Win 7 OS.

Ron

Ron Service