Sign in to follow this  
nikitos_567

Airsimmer Airbus 320

Does anyone know what is happening in the extended team forums? Is it flyable? Would you fly that instead of the basic?

NIkitos, is that an onboard Graphics with a laptop?

Yeah its a Tosiba QOsmio laptop X 550. It has nvidia 360M Integrated graphics card

If you are an extended member then I put out a package a little while back, best to email me on the forum.

Rob Prest

Yeah its a Tosiba QOsmio laptop X 550. It has nvidia 360M Integrated graphics card

The lighting on this aircraft will probably cause you issues with that graphics card, hense why some people complain of constant CTD's while others have no issues. Onboard won't cut it with this addon I'm afraid.

I do know some people that don't have issues with onboard cards but personally I just don't recommend it. If you do dedcide to give it a try please contact me on the forum so I can run thorough the setup and make sure your fs9 is optimized.

Regarding the post from Jackel, I think that short video sums it up, as long as your flight controls,fsuipc etc is configured 'correctly' hand flying with FBW is very good, and you will have no issues with the rudder. Everything you need to ensure you are setup correctly is on the tech forum.

What is an extended member?

Extended refers to the old Advanced beta team

Rob Prest

Thank you for the answer, I will just wait for the FlightSimLabs 320 that is coming out soon. Hopefully it won't be disappointing 

If you are waiting for FSlabs I would definitely recommend the BBS A320, the system logic is the closest you will get to the real thing for FSX and a good prep for the FSlabs version.

Rob Prest

If you are waiting for FSlabs I would definitely recommend the BBS A320, the system logic is the closest you will get to real thing for FSX and a good prep for the FSlabs version.

I saw the Blackbox one, i personally did not like the VC textures and it looked like a toy, i am waiting HOWEVER for their Airbus 330, that looks much better than their 320

The A330 is already out, yes the textures are not great but when it comes down to actually simulating the aircraft logic and systems they are very good

Rob Prest

Oh ok, that is what I originally thought, slight improvement on the textures with the A330 but not what most people have come to expect from a new release, I really enjoy it though, first longhaul I have flown in FSX.

Well here's to hoping fslabs is on track and out soon!

Rob Prest

I am not sure if you knew of this company, I remember couple years ago, a company called Airliner XP was also making 320, their screenshots for the FS 2004 I believe were amazing!! I thought It was a real plane. Sadly, there is no news from them still. I think they stopped the project

Yeah I did follow the project for a while, not sure what happened there, It is a shame.

regarding the BBS A330, graphics wise it is slightly better then the A320 but not really up to scratch, I am more of a systems guy so can live with it.

Rob Prest