Sign in to follow this  
nikitos_567

Airsimmer Airbus 320

I am also waiting for Next Level Simulations for their Airbus 380 :lol:  Seems like everybody is working on Airbus, but none are relaeased which are good .There is no good Airbus for FS2004/FS X. Wilco is crap, Aerosoft Airbus X is a joke, Airsimmer looks nice but the flight model is big poop, airliner xp is out of bussines. There is one, Airbus Extended X which is ok

I am also waiting for Next Level Simulations for their Airbus 380 :lol: Seems like everybody is working on Airbus, but none are relaeased which are good .There is no good Airbus for FS2004/FS X. Wilco is crap, Aerosoft Airbus X is a joke, Airsimmer looks nice but the flight model is big poop, airliner xp is out of bussines. There is one, Airbus Extended X which is ok

Hehe, you do know I provide tech support for the Airsimmer bus? The FBW is the best out there, I have a lot of real world experience working with the bus, in fairness I do fly the Advanced, but I still have to fly the Basic for testing, the basic is really just the advanced with ECAM memos and a few MCDU pages missing. Roll rate, pitch and roll protections, ELACS, SECS, FAC's, NWS logic, spoiler logic is all out of the FCOM and verified, we also have a lot of type rated guys on the team.

The FBW works outside of FS so correct setup is essential, this is why some say it fly's like crap while others say it is great.

Apart from the PMDG MD11 it is the only reason why I still use FS9

Rob Prest

I am also waiting for Next Level Simulations for their Airbus 380 :lol:  Seems like everybody is working on Airbus, but none are relaeased which are good .There is no good Airbus for FS2004/FS X. Wilco is crap, Aerosoft Airbus X is a joke, Airsimmer looks nice but the flight model is big poop, airliner xp is out of bussines. There is one, Airbus Extended X which is ok

The NLS A380 is pretty much dead. The main (and I believe sole) developer stated in the facebook page that he just didn't have any time for the project.

A380 would have been a huge project, even if they simulated half of the features. Some good news though, the guy who created the freeware RAAS has managed to simulate brake to vacate, I didn't think it would be possible, it comes as standard on the A380 and can be retrofitted on the A3xx

http://planeman-fs.blogspot.com/2012/11/fsbtv-brake-to-vacate-preview.html

Rob Prest

The NLS A380 is pretty much dead. The main (and I believe sole) developer stated in the facebook page that he just didn't have any time for the project.

Really, there you go, another project Dead. Airbus I Think is cursed for Flight Sim

A380 would have been a huge project, even if they simulated half of the features.

You mean you have the Advanced Version of Airsimmer?? How??? On the website there is no clue to when or where it will be available? If it came out, I would get it

Really, there you go, another project Dead. Airbus I Think is cursed for Flight Sim

You mean you have the Advanced Version of Airsimmer?? How??? On the website there is no clue to when or where it will be available? If it came out, I would get it

I have it because I look after there tech support and new beta team

Rob Prest

Haha, I have no idea and if I knew I couldn't say anyway, I fly it on average 3/4 times a week if I can with BA virtual. I posted a video quite a while back on YouTube, just search for Airsimmer Advanced, it takes you from cold and dark to landing LGAV - LIMC.

Btw, are you from London mate?

Rob Prest

Yeah I Saw the video and like it a lot ^_^ . 

No, I am from Russia. I am a First Officer, I am a Pilot, I am getting a type rating currently on 320

Ok great, I will contact you via PM when I get back home.

Regards

Rob Prest

So do you know when it will be out? I pray to god its not dead

If you're talking about Airsimmer then I'm sorry it is dead. It's been dead since the release of the basic version in 2010. (or is it 2011? I can't remember) What happened was they basically ran out of capital for their overheads and decided to release a half baked version (called "Basic") of the original Airbus addon they promised, which is now called "Advanced". They did it just to get some more revenue and since it was half baked, it was a completely broken mess and the vast majority of Airsimmer customers decided to get the refund from Flight1 within 30 days. Now since those revenue are held in escrow by Flight1 for the possibility of refunds I doubt Airsimmer saw much of those proceeds, and I think that's why the whole project collapsed. I believe Vasili stayed put to provide a few updates for the basic version, and from 2010-2011 there were 3-4 patches but it was completely hopeless since the basic version is so broken and most customers had already left 30 days after release. By 2012 there were no more patches, only small user-generated fixes.

The "Extended team" is just a paid beta (similar to Captainsim and Black box, but limited to a small number) and they had the original 'advanced' version, or what's left of the advanced version from 2010 to play with.

• Upvote 1

If you're talking about Airsimmer then I'm sorry it is dead. It's been dead since the release of the basic version in 2010. (or is it 2011? I can't remember) What happened was they basically ran out of capital for their overheads and decided to release a half baked version (called "Basic") of the original Airbus addon they promised, which is now called "Advanced". They did it just to get some more revenue and since it was half baked, it was a completely broken mess and the vast majority of Airsimmer customers decided to get the refund from Flight1 within 30 days. Now since those revenue are held in escrow by Flight1 for the possibility of refunds I doubt Airsimmer saw much of those proceeds, and I think that's why the whole project collapsed. I believe Vasili stayed put to provide a few updates for the basic version, and from 2010-2011 there were 3-4 patches but it was completely hopeless since the basic version is so broken and most customers had already left 30 days after release. By 2012 there are no more patches, only small user-generated fixes.

The "Extended team" is just a paid beta (similar to Captainsim and Black box, but limited to a small number) and they had the original 'advanced' version, or what's left of the advanced version from 2010 to play with.

Oh Man! Thank you for that heads up. I would not mind playing with that Advanced Version to be honest. I do not understand why people create stuff with not being fully comfortable with finishing it. No wonder why PMDG and Level-D But mostly PMDG are the greatest and what they do, becuase they actually Finish their planes and at good quality

Oh Man! Thank you for that heads up. I would not mind playing with that Advanced Version to be honest. I do not understand why people create stuff with not being fully comfortable with finishing it. No wonder why PMDG and Level-D But mostly PMDG are the greatest and what they do, becuase they actually Finish their planes and at good quality

It's just business startup 101. "If you have no product you don't have a business." Airsimmer was too ambitious for their first project and they ran out of money, pure and simple. And Airbus FBW is unbelievably hard to simulate in a complex manner. (But it can be quite rewarding as well, since there's major system commonality between the real-world Airbus types. So any developer who manages to build a good code base in their first addon will be able to recreate Airbus' entire fleet without too much difficulty.)

Also they made a few design errors near the beginning which IMO crippled the project, like no FSUIPC support, or sticking to FS9 only when the likes of PMDG stated there's "no market in FS9". Remember Microsoft did build some FBW capability into the default A321 for FSX, which can be used as a foundation for more complex projects, like what Aerosoft is doing.

I am still sticking with FS9, I just cannot switch to FSX, though I Can run FSX at medium-high setting.  ^_^  My Most Favouirte are PMDG ofcourse, I have their MD-11, 747-400 and cargo version, iFly 737, Level-D 767, feelthere Embraer 145 Version 2. I am though waiting for PMDG 777 for FS X. I really love that plane, so I will be switching to FS X with it comes out. BUT no good Airbus, I have WIlco Evolution Vol 1 and 2 for FS 2004, but it's perfect and textures are aweful. So yet to see good Airbus. I am hoping for Flight Sim Labs