Sign in to follow this  
nikitos_567

Airsimmer Airbus 320

I have the Airsimmer v1.4 now in Win 7 64.

Basically agree with the above comments. The CFM version is pretty good in v1.4, but the IAE version still seems broken, virtually uncontrollable and jerky esp on finals.

For functionality its the best available. I also have the FT/Wilco Airbus 3x family which is not as pretty or advanced, but def more stable- although it does have INIT B page...

This is indeed a sad story of a project that had huge potential. V frustrating for Airbus lovers (and trainee pilots no doubt).

However the user forum is not dead; Flex1978 (Rob Prest) and Rafal still both do heroic jobs trying hard to help people on the A/s forum and there are lots of tweaks that can really help.

What is clear is that the product is not really necessarily as bad as its sometimes made out to be.  The A/s is one of the most complex add on sims out there period. A lot of users trip up with lack of experience of the Airbus, incorrect expectations and dodgy installations. The A/s Airbus seems maybe more sensitive to things when they're not right in your set up than other less demanding add ons.

So if you've the time and patience and you remember that this is not a CTRL-E default plane and v different from a Boeing, you can still enjoy it and get help/support. When its good, its v v good, but when its bad.......

Ray

I am still sticking with FS9, I just cannot switch to FSX, though I Can run FSX at medium-high setting.  ^_^  My Most Favouirte are PMDG ofcourse, I have their MD-11, 747-400 and cargo version, iFly 737, Level-D 767, feelthere Embraer 145 Version 2. I am though waiting for PMDG 777 for FS X. I really love that plane, so I will be switching to FS X with it comes out. BUT no good Airbus, I have WIlco Evolution Vol 1 and 2 for FS 2004, but it's perfect and textures are aweful. So yet to see good Airbus. I am hoping for Flight Sim Labs 

FSX is brilliant as long as you can get your CPU overclock to 5.0GHz, which for me is pretty simple because I have top-shelf CPU water cooling (Corsair H100) and there are tons of overclocking guides available online.

I have the Airsimmer v1.4 now in Win 7 64.

Basically agree with the above comments. The CFM version is pretty good in v1.4, but the IAE version still seems broken, virtually uncontrollable and jerky esp on finals.

For functionality its the best available. I also have the FT/Wilco Airbus 3x family which is not as pretty or advanced, but def more stable- although it does have INIT B page...

This is indeed a sad story of a project that had huge potential. V frustrating for Airbus lovers (and trainee pilots no doubt).

However the user forum is not dead; Flex1978 (Rob Prest) and Rafal still both do heroic jobs trying hard to help people on the A/s forum and there are lots of tweaks that can really help.

What is clear is that the product is not really necessarily as bad as its sometimes made out to be.  The A/s is one of the most complex add on sims out there period. A lot of users trip up with lack of experience of the Airbus, incorrect expectations and dodgy installations. The A/s Airbus seems maybe more sensitive to things when they're not right in your set up than other less demanding add ons.

So if you've the time and patience and you remember that this is not a CTRL-E default plane and v different from a Boeing, you can still enjoy it and get help/support. When its good, its v v good, but when its bad.......

Ray

THank you for that Info. Are there any Crashes to Desktop? and What are the most frequent bugs that you experienced with it, basically what are the minuses.

FSX is brilliant as long as you can get your CPU overclock to 5.0GHz, which for me is pretty simple because I have top-shelf CPU water cooling (Corsair H100) and there are tons of overclocking guides available online.

It is Great, But since Microsoft Closed down their Flight Sim studio, we won't probably see any new Sim in some time. X-plane is pretty cool though. When the next gen CPU from Intel comes out next year that are very powerful and cause less stress on the computer/lapop, I will buy Alienware M18x , then it will be FS X all the way)

Hi Nikitos2012

I personally have not had any CTDs recently (since v1.4) Having said that I do not fly the A/s that often (too busy flying on real Airbuses to work).

There is a good forum on the A/s website as I mentioned, have look there. I believe you can join the forum without being a customer.

Ray

It is Great, But since Microsoft Closed down their Flight Sim studio, we won't probably see any new Sim in some time. X-plane is pretty cool though. When the next gen CPU from Intel comes out next year that are very powerful and cause less stress on the computer/lapop, I will buy Alienware M18x , then it will be FS X all the way)

Always remember with FSX that it's always about clock speed and VAS (ONLY USE Windows 7 **64-Bit**) so if you're not on 5.0GHz you're not getting the full experience, no matter which brand the computer is.

G'day drivers!

I have onwned and mastered all of those Airbusses since FS2002, when PSS came out. Those were the times! I have bought their A330/A340 package the moment it was released and I still use them with Curis Megamerger package, even if there are major drawbacks in functionality, but basically everything (one can realistcally expect) works.

After that, Wilco came out, deluxe, 1, 2 series, evolution, they kept on working, showing their customers their good will and devotion to the project, Eric worked and workedand worked. I remember a CTD cause when selecting Sid/Star for LFPG, it remained for ages, but, guess what: Now it works and its flyable from A to B with minor things to look after...

I bought Airsimmer at the moment it was released, i didn't insist on F1 refund policy (30 days) because I trusted their blown up marketing slogans. I tried and tried to get this bird running (for like three years now) but cannot remember one flow experience like for example in a LVD767, where everything JUST WORKS and you get some "trust" into this piece of software that it will function as expected.

Now: we have a user (flex1978) who is a real hero in defending troja, trying to help anybody because he's still committed to the product, i think rafal (iirc) is also one of those freelance heroes. At the same time we have a company/developer who came up with harsh NDA's during the ET development phase, then they ran out of money, and got some from madmen like me for a basic version where you even can't enter weights, no you need an extra "tablet-pc" simulated for that? It's a real joke. Go see how Topcat developed, airsimmer!!!

And now: there's a company insisting on an "extended" team, which i doubt that the product really works, and they let the "basic" users alone. I mean, how idiotic is it, to keep a product separated, with one side working whilst the other side doesn't benefit from its brother development.

I can not understand those people: they gave come so far with the product but don't have the balls to continue developing until this piece of software works to some extent flawlessly.

Why not putting et+basic into one package?

Why no communication between coder and customer?

Why no passion for credibility in business?

Why no SOP's as we find them with PMDG, Aerosoft, whatever?

It is sad. It is poor. It is poor credibility.

Yet, i dont regret the money spent on the bus. I really like turning on the systems and listening to the atmosphere. It sounds fantastically.

(sorry for any typos, i am on my mobile phone)

Regards,

Alex

• Upvote 1

I'm really torn on this one. I really want a good bus, but the Wilco ones don't look that great. Some people swear by this thing, and others warn of all the bugs. It doesn't appear to be available at Flight1 anymore, so I don't really think it's worth the risk.

I don't see they are committed to what they have planned before by not releasing the Advanced version. I know there are several bus drivers who are pretty much satisfied with the current state. I too have managed it enjoyable enough for short hops. But why they havent released the Advanced version remains unknown. Is it on progress? is it even buggier than the Basic? Insufficient funds? Or are they preparing a big surprise? or they will keep idle like this until not a single simmer purchases their product and close the site as they are short of cash even to make their site keep running? If that's the case, they are done! technically, they don't exist. I'm asking these questions not because of pure disappointment but I am one of those who believe they still have potential to get them to compete.

I don't like starting those questions on their forum simply since I know a few gents whom I respect for their voluntary efforts and contributions to 'Airsimmers'.

Mine is grounded since I've purchased it, I can't fly it, is wobbling and don't follow direct waypoints! Flex1978 I've heard that you have a wonder air file, do you want to share it????

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Just had a quick scan of the last few posts, will reply in full in a few hours when I get a breather,in the process of moving house!

Regards

Rob Prest

It looks

Why not have a look at the Blackbox version of the A320 for FS9. A re-release and upgrade, I think, of the PSS 320. Anyone have expeience of this bird?

Yorkshire

It looks very basic and very toy-like

No it doesn't.

With regards to the Airsimmer bus, its my favorite FS9 add-on.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

How about the frame rates? I have I 7 quad core, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTS 360M. 

Why use fs9 on a machine like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Just had a quick scan of the last few posts, will reply in full in a few hours when I get a breather,in the process of moving house!

Regards

Thank You Rob. I am sure many would like to hear it from someone who has been heavily involved. Not forcing with anything thou Rob, no pressure, but it's been too long. You have been very helpful. and congratulation on your new home ..

Always remember with FSX that it's always about clock speed and VAS (ONLY USE Windows 7 **64-Bit**) so if you're not on 5.0GHz you're not getting the full experience, no matter which brand the computer is.

My pc runs FSX just great at near max settings. No complaints here.

Saying people need a 5ghz PC is poppycock for lack of a better term. Lol

Rob, is there any way to still purchase the A/s advanced Beta? I'd still through money down if possible.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3