Sign in to follow this  
nikitos_567

Captain sim 777 vs PMDG 777

I am waiting for the PMDG 777 but I would like to get an opinion if the CaptainSim 777 latest version 1.1 is worth checking out. I saw the videos on YouTube, the cockpit honestly looks like it is made from cardboard. How are the flight dynamics and how are the frame rates? I made a mistake not posting it in FS X Section. Oops

Thank you  ^_^

Shouldn't this be in the FSX forum?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Skip it. Just do it :P

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

My opinion on past CS products has been low FPS and falling short on full systems realism.  PMDG is completely superior in every aspect.  Their 777 will be well worth the wait.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

negative sir, this is FS9 Forum. FSX forum is 2 clicks away

I don't know what forum I'm in and I really don't care. I just clicked on this from that little box at the top of the forum homepage that shows the recent threads/posts  :rolleyes:

Based on my past experience with Captain Sim, I'd skip their products and gladly wait for the PMDG (which I am doing)

I don't have the 777 but CS has some really great stuff. I love the 727 with the user added tweaks and the 707 seems pretty good out of the box if you're not a purist. If you're budget conscious check around more before you buy though--just normal diligence... 

I made a mistake not posting it in FS X Section. Oops

For all the haters.

I have the pmdg 777 for fs9 and its awesome.

PMDG didn't make a 777 for FS9. Do you mean CS or PSS?

Richie Walsh

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I don't have the 777 but CS has some really great stuff. I love the 727 with the user added tweaks and the 707 seems pretty good out of the box if you're not a purist. If you're budget conscious check around more before you buy though--just normal diligence... 

CS cannot properly make a fully functioning modern jetliner. They did good with the C-130, 707, and 727, even though the 727 for example required a bunch of tweaking to make it fly more realistically. The 757/67 and 777 are full of bugs, no real system modeling, and have flight dynamics like the default 737.

In my opinion, it is better to wait until products are released before doing comparisons...especially when it comes to software.  If you are impatient and just absolutely have to get a 777, then get the CS version.

I prefer the PMDG 777 ! PMDG is known for its quality products "Hardcore".

...the cockpit honestly looks like it is made from cardboard.

:lol: and yet you're still curious?

If you're budget conscious check around more before you buy though--just normal diligence... 

In my opinion, it is better to wait until products are released before doing comparisons...especially when it comes to software.  If you are impatient and just absolutely have to get a 777, then get the CS version.

I agree with fatback (..would love to know your real name so I can properly address you) and Matt, If money is not an issue, buy CSs' now, then PMDGs' later (once released).. you can even make a post/ review based on your findings that can be objective for new simmers (like my self) in the future..

Personally, I know what I want, and it hasn't been released yet...  :ph34r:

nikitos2012, on 25 Apr 2013 - 5:22 PM, said:

I am waiting for the PMDG 777 but I would like to get an opinion if the CaptainSim 777 latest version 1.1 is worth checking out. I saw the videos on YouTube, the cockpit honestly looks like it is made from cardboard. How are the flight dynamics and how are the frame rates? I made a mistake not posting it in FS X Section. Oops

Thank you ^_^

Hi,

I have the CS777, and can honestly say its 100% better than the PMDG777 because....ehhh....the PMDG777 is still vaporware :) Having said that, all it took was one session with CS777 and I binned it. Way incomplete, and horrible frames even on my 5ghz Sandy with 8gb sytem ram, and 4gb of video ram. Id say hold out for the PMDG777 and in the mean time try the Majestic Dash 8 Q400, that outta keep the I need something newitis pacified till the PMDG777 is out :) Thats basically what Im doing right now.

Chris

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg