Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

IL-2 Sturmovik Civilian Version !!!!!!!!

Who would love to see a civialian version of sturmovik, i know i would!!!Perhaps if UBi Soft can see enough potential they might consider it

Guest mikehaska

Even if they did do a "civilian version", I doubt that they would have the necessary features that MSFS has. For example, the massive amounts of airports and realistic terrain mapping, as well as the "goodies", like ATC, aircraft system functions, support for advanced panels, etc...However, I think it would be possible to create and import civilian aircraft into the sim, much like fighter jets are imported into MSFS

Hi, The problem for creating Cv sim, If you don't have ALL data for WORLD WIDE ground, acceptable round world wide Mesh, WORLD WIDE Airports data, Jeppensen data ,just from these 3 feature, the sim will miss MAJOR and essentiel feature to fly anywhere in the world . I am still not able to fly anywhere in the world in propilot, fly, fu series, x-plane, it make huge of details gone.I think before anyone consider to create anything about CV sim, they should have all major data which is extremly hard to have, it take years and years to build this large database. Another thing, creating one sim that's supposly have all in one sim and have "closed structure or very open structure" but hard to creating add-ons those always fails.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Paul_W

I'd certainly be interested in a civilian sim that has the realism of a Forgotten Battles or a LOMAC. MSFS continues to advance, but currently at very low altitudes it frequently loses even a loose resemblance to realism in my view.I've often thought about the subject of civilian flight sims. My goal is to have a realistic experience of flight on my computer, and I have no doubt that it will be possible to reproduce a very realistic world in the future (in fact I think LOMAC will be the first real step in the direction of total immersion in the near future).Still, when it comes down to it I just don't care if the entire world is available in the sim. I have no particular interest in flying in Finland or France; I just want to fly as realistically as possible wherever it may be. The concept that the entire world must be delivered in a sim is quintessentially American, and it leaves the doors open for competitors I would think. If a specific geographic area is reproduced faithfully (I had the old FU3 and wasn't especially impressed with its version of realism), then that's all I need. I've often thought Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) would be the ideal area on which to base a high-fidelity, next-generation flight sim. It's a reasonably sized area--not too expansive, not too restrictive; it has gorgeous landscapes and varied, changeable weather; draw a diagonal line from the north-east to the south-west and you have hilly and mountainous areas to the north-west of the line, and mostly low rolling hills and farmland to the south-east; and it's surrounded by water, so that's where the development can naturally and logically stop.If a company produced that area with at least the care that's going into the Crimea in LOMAC right now, I'd be one of the first to buy it.

In the "strange but true" area of flight sim software....I held-off buying IL2 since the Eastern Front or Great Patriotic War (depends where you are on what you called it) didn't interest me. I looked at a demo and found it rather nice, but not $20+ "nice" if you get my drift.Anyway, went to my local office supply depot to get paper and saw IL2 on the rack last Friday....It had a $28.88 sticker on it and a $1 sticker next to it. So I went to the counter and asked which was right. The cashier "scanned" it and said neither-it is fifty cents.OK, I can handle that....so I bought it, went up to Ubi's site and "patched" it and it is truly an awesome simulation of warbird flying. So of course now I have run out and picked up "Forgotten Battles" at the current price.But for half-a-buck....geeesche....it pays to keep your eyes open!Tim757