Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400

Module version 2.6

Majestic Dash 8 LINDA module version 2.6

This update adds a specific preprogrammed configuration default file for the VRInsight Original MCP (config-mcp.default).

Installation Notes:

• Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules or similar for P3D
  • Say "yes" if he'd like to overwrite anything
  • In the folder Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 you'll find 3 files. They contain MCP Combo default assignments for the Dash8. If you want to use them rename them from *.default to *.LUA

I will update this files from time to time and will make a little note in this thread about the changes.
Users, who also made changes to this codes could post it in this thread or drop me a PM and we will update the module.

Features:

• All switches are working (most on/off/toggle) except Fire and FDR and all FO-side functions
  • "semi-intelligent" MCP Combo displays: dependend on importance the display will show APU state, GPU state, Conditions Lever, Flaps state, Cabin Temp (Cabin Temp only for MCP Combo2)
  • "switch bundles" for several functions: e.g. all panel lights with one button
  • cold and dark function (from default loading state)
  • no macros needed

Version History:

1.0 > 1.1
- changed DC_ALL_Batteries according tutorial
- Fixed FORMAT and TERR/WX button funtionality
- enabled engine control and autofeather

1.1 > 1.2
- added TOGA

1.2 > 1.3
-some minor changes
-added NAV source toggle
-added AP_VS_PITCH_DNfast and AP_VS_PITCH_UPfast ()
-added MIP_SPDBUG_incfast () and MIP_SPDBUG_decfast ()
-improved ALT and HDG fast functions
-added NH indicators during startup for MCP 2 Combo

1.3 > 2.0
Released with PRO Version

- HUD
- Enhanced door code (open and close)
- added GSX refueling (calling refueling truck will open MJC payload program
- be sure to add the correct path in the \Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda\aircrafts\Majestic Dash 8 Q-400\actions.lua
- at line 63 )
- Clock CHR press

2.0 > 2.1
- fix for LINDA 2.6.6 or later to allow correct operation with FS2Crew voice and VRI Combo MCP panels
- Added code to correctly display Landing Gear positions LEDs on Saitek Switch Panel
- fix for operation with VRI Combo Airbus FCU panels
- Added additional toggle switch functions
- inclusion of config-mcp2a.default configuration for VRI Combo Airbus FCU panels

2.1 > 2.2
- corrected minor typo

2.2 > 2.3

- further fixes for correct operation with FS2Crew 1.5 or later and the VRI Combo MCP panels. An issue still exists where the FO repeats the '1000 to Go. ALT SEL' within 1000 ft of the selected altitude; the workaround is to change the target altitude by more than 1500 ft on reaching cruise.

- added display of throttle position on VRI Combo MCP panels to allow better coordination with Condition Levers.

2.3 --> 2.4:
some fixes
added GSX Door function
you can disable the GSX door function by uncommenting the function GSX_Door_Service () inside the timer function

2.4 --> 2.5:
Adds Q400 specific config-mcp.default for users of the VRInsight MCP1(original).

added GSX Library function

Important! Have a look here!!! Need to download the new GSX library

GSX cfg for Dash added. Have a look into the readme inside the GSX folder included in the module link above!

Edited by ScotFlieger
Updated for v2.6

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi Peter  thnks for your work, but still things are not working properly. About ALT_SELECT Andy did told us what to do.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405563-majestic-dash-8-q-400/
The RIGHT AUX FUELPUMP Button cannot switched off, the left answers a while after pressing for off, AUTOFEATHEER and APU_BLEED cannot switched off.
Didn`t you found a solution for the two OVHD ICE INTAKE buttons?
Did you see my post above concerning the INTAKE buttons? Is there something wrong, what is your opinion?
Kind Regards Tom

Hi Peter  thnks for your work, but still things are not working properly. About ALT_SELECT Andy did told us what to do.

The RIGHT AUX FUELPUMP Button cannot switched off, the left answers a while after pressing for off, AUTOFEATHEER and APU_BLEED cannot switched off.

Didn`t you found a solution for the two OVHD ICE INTAKE buttons?

Did you see my post above concerning the INTAKE buttons? Is there something wrong, what is your opinion?

Kind Regards Tom

Hi Tom,

I really tried to make the push buttons working. Currently I don't find any way to do it. You can for sure make the button "flip in and out" but the operation is mission. Therefore I did'nt included them.

You've found out, that although the TANK1 AUX Pump do not work - but I've really no idea to realize it.

ALT_SEL is working with macro by the way?! ;O)

Regards,

peter

But does it stay enabled, ALT SEL is supposed to stay visible on the PFD at all times till you disable it again or until it captures the selected altitude. A mouse macro did not work correctly for myself or Tom. I am using the latest interim version of FSUIPC from Pete's forum, unless of course he has released a new version in the last 24 hours that I haven't seen yet.

Cheers, Andy.

Capt. PERO, on 28 Apr 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Hi Tom,

I really tried to make the push buttons working. Currently I don't find any way to do it. You can for sure make the button "flip in and out" but the operation is mission. Therefore I did'nt included them.

You've found out, that although the TANK1 AUX Pump do not work - but I've really no idea to realize it.

ALT_SEL is working with macro by the way?! ;O)

Regards,

peter

Thnx for answernig peter. Ok so you struggle with the same actions like me :-)

About ALT_SELECT it works for you with the macro? I see if, I adress the macro, that the line ALT_SELECT in the PFD disappears after a short moment. If I try Andys suggestion, which is in fact the suggestion of the majestic developpers, the line stays in the PFD.

I guess you do not know why some toggle commands work and others not...?

Kind Regards Tom

Thnx for answernig peter. Ok so you struggle with the same actions like me :-)

About ALT_SELECT it works for you with the macro? I see if, I adress the macro, that the line ALT_SELECT in the PFD disappears after a short moment. If I try Andys suggestion, which is in fact the suggestion of the majestic developpers, the line stays in the PFD.

Kind Regards Tom

Thanks a lot! I will change that.

@Andy: What do you meen with a new FSUIPC version? Did they add something to make these buttons available?

regards,

peter

No I do not have any special test version, I just mentioned that I am using the latest interim update (4.869) just in case you were not using the same version as I or Tom possibly. You didn't really explain the situation very clearly other than to say it works. I was trying to ascertain whether you knew what the correct operation of ALT SET looked like on the display without sounding condescending :blush:

Cheers, Andy.

damm, I thought that we would get mouse macros working with "a new" version... ;O)

I worked on NAV source, if someone is interested:

function AP_NAVsource_dec ()
    ipc.macro("mjc8q400: AP_NAVsource_dec")
end

function AP_NAVsource_inc ()
    ipc.macro("mjc8q400: AP_NAVsource_inc")
end

Please add into mjc8q400.mcro:

43=AP_NAVsource_dec=RX78eb0*X55cc
44=AP_NAVsource_inc=RX78eb0*X55cc,31

and did a bugfixing on AP_ALTSEL:

function AP_ALTsel_press ()
    -- ipc.macro("mjc8q400: AP_ALTsel_press")
    ipc.control(65799, 0)
end

But not enough for a new version... ;O)

Maybe we find out how to get these buttons working...

PS.: Sorry, describing "it works" was not quite professional *smile*

Regards,

peter

Hello Guys,

great work here!!!

Many thanks!

I'm back for a few weeks and had tried the Q400 yesterday for just an hour.

Conerning LUA/LINDA it doesn't look too good, as many functions seems not programable.

The macro solution is good work, but the danger with macros is, that with the next update, all numbers in the macros change, and we have to rework them completely.

Thats why I avoid macros in any case!

So, if there'y no other possibility, we have to deal with them ...

In my opinion it would be the best thing to post in the Q400 forum and ask the developers if they could implement some LUA variables for "us".

Many developers do that, even PMDG ^_^

But have to be persistent with this thread maybe ....

The case, I wouldn't like to post such a thread is, that I'm away in two weeks and it doesn't look good if the thread opener doesn't respond then after a while.

Would be nice if someone of you great guys could do that.

All in all the Q400 seems to be a real nice bird!

Would be too bad if we couldn't make her work with LINDA ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I think guensli´s warning just happened with the first SP of the DASH - my complete configuration, the module, the macros are not working anymore....!

Cheers Tom

Yep, MACROS are a No GO for me ... as you can see now!

And this will happen everytime a patch is applied. And it seems, the Dash will get some patches.

The only solution here is to ask the devs to implement LUA variables for us!

Guenter Steiner

The problem is Majestic are a very small development house, they have their hands full with far more important matters at this time. Better hardware support will be coming later I am sure. They have already said that they will hook up the radio interface so that external hardware can use the default commands and there will probably be more options in the Pro and Training editions too. Its not like it takes forever to rebuild the macros again either.

Cheers, Andy.

Its not like it takes forever to rebuild the macros again either.

yes, for sure, but you'll have to do it again and again.

And I think (I hope) Majestic will bring a lot of updates ...

Beside this, there are many functions which do not work, even with macros unfortunately.

But yes, they do have to do more important things  ...

Hope, one day, they'll support us then.

Guenter Steiner

Hi,

I have updated the macros for the Dash 8 to work with the current version (Aug 2 2013). If you replace the contents of mjc8q400.MCRO with the following, then Capt. Pero's Linda setup for the plane should work again.

Helge

[Macros]
Module="mjc84_main.DLL"
1=AP_IAS_press=RX79320*X55cc
2=AP_VS_press=RX793d0*X55cc
3=AP_VNAV_press=RX79480*X55cc
4=AP_ALT_press=RX79530*X55cc
5=AP_ALTsel_press=RX795e0*X55cc
6=AP_HDG_press=RX796a0*X55cc
7=AP_NAV_press=RX79750*X55cc
8=AP_APPR_press=RX79800*X55cc
9=AP_BC_press=RX798b0*X55cc
10=AP_STBY_press=RX79960*X55cc
11=AP_AP_press=RX79a10*X55cc
12=AP_YD_press=RX79ac0*X55cc
13=AP_HSISEL_press=RX79b70*X55cc
14=PFCS_RUD1_press=RX79c20*X55cc
15=PFCS_SPLR1_press=RX79e20*X55cc
16=PFCS_SPLR2_press=RX79f20*X55cc
17=PFCS_RUD2_press=RX79d20*X55cc
18=APU_PWR_press=RX762c0*X55cc
19=APU_START_press=RX763b0*X55cc
20=APU_GEN_press=RX76440*X55cc
21=APU_BLAIR_press=RX76530*X55cc
22=ENG_START_press=RX76260*X55cc
23=HYD_STBY_press=RX74220*X55cc
24=HYD_PTUCTR_press=RX742f0*X55cc
25=HYD_ISOL_press=RX74350*X55cc
26=TANK1_AUX_PUMP=RX7baf0*X55cc
27=TANK2_AUX_PUMP=RX7bbd0*X55cc
28=ENG_MTOP_press=RX7bcb0*X55cc
29=ENG_RDC_press=RX7bd20*X55cc
30=ENG_MCL_press=RX7bd90*X55cc
31=ENG_MCR_press=RX7be00*X55cc
32=PROP_1ALT_FTHR=RX7bff0*X55cc
33=PROP_AUTOFTHR=RX7c1b0*X55cc
34=PROP_2ALT_FTHR=RX7c0d0*X55cc
35=GL_STICKPUSHER=RX77f90*X55cc
36=GL_ELEVTRIM_OFF=RX78170*X55cc
37=GL_PULLUP_press=RX78370*X55cc
38=GL_PullUp2_press=RX783e0*X55cc
39=GL_TERRAIN_INH=RX78570*X5500
40=GL_button2=RX76dc0*X55cc
41=GL_Warning_press=RX78770*X55cc
42=GL_Caution_press=RX78820*X55cc
43=AP_NAVsource_dec=RX78bc0*X55cc,13
44=AP_NAVsource_inc=RX78bc0*X55cc,14

• Upvote 1

Helge Rasmussen

Hi,

I have updated the macros for the Dash 8 to work with the current version (Aug 2 2013). If you replace the contents of mjc8q400.MCRO with the following, then Capt. Pero's Linda setup for the plane should work again.

Helge

Great job! Thanks a lot!