Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

Hallo Pero, Helge und Günter,

ich schreibe hier mal deutsch, weil ich Englisch nicht so besonders schreiben kann.

Aber erst einmal vielen Dank für Eure großartige Arbeit hier.

Folgende Frage habe ich mal an Euch: Im Editor sehe ich mir immer die Art und Weise wie Ihr das so macht an. Bei der DASH8 ist mir aufgefallen, dass dort Werte wie "MJC_VAR_READ_VALUE, MJC_VAR_WRITE_VALUE, MJC_VAR_WRITE_CODE" stehen. Ich habe irgendwo mal gelesen das diese Dinge in einer Datei geschrieben sind. Leider weiss ich nicht wo diese Datei existiert, um mir diese mal anzusehen.

Könnt Ihr mir mal sagen wo ich diese Datei finde? Habe die v. 1008.1 von Majestic.

Vielen Dank im voraus für eine Antwort

benne36

Hallo benne,

Ich habe dazu von den Entwicklern direkt eine Excel Datei und eine Art Umrechnungsprogramm bekommen, das mir die Werte ausspuckt. War relativ kompliziert, bis man mal weiß, wie es läuft. Irgendeine Art Logik aus den verwendeten Werten zu erschließen ist ohne das Programm nicht möglich :P

Ich kann Dir leider die Daten nicht zur Verfügung stellen, aber nimm doch mit Majestic Kontakt auf, vielleicht senden Sie Dir das SDK zu. Waren sehr hilfsbereit.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Günter,

vielen Dank für Deine ehrliche und schnelle Antwort. Schade das es nicht offen ist. Werde es mal versuchen bei Majestic. Frage dazu nochmal: Ich habe über LINDA Editor versucht die 2 Condition Levers mit den jeweiligen Stellungen zu setzen (Start&Feather, 850, 900,max).

Hat ja auch geklappt, nur leider wenn man sie dann benutzt, passiert nichts, z. Bsp. beim starten der Engine auf Start&Feather. Das Problem liegt daran, dass es mit der Maus funktioniert, aber mit der gespeicherten Lindaprogrammierung nicht. Keine Ahnung warum das so ist.

Könnte einer von Euch mal dieses probieren und in der nächsten Version von Euch für die DASH es mit einbringen? Wäre sehr nett wenn es gehen würde.

Vielen Dank

benne36

I'm a newbie and need help understanding how to use this module. I had no problem installing the VSpeed Lua package but this module has me stumped.

The directions say:

• Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules

So I put the unzipped "linda" folder and the "linda-cfg" folder (which I don't think I have any use for because I don't have an MCP Combo) in my Modules folder but no identifiable Majestic commands appear in the fsuipc button or key press pull down menus. I also tried removing from the "linda" folder the "actions.lua" and "ident.lua" files and placing them directly in the Modules folder, but this didn't make the commands appear either.

I'm obviously missing something very basic in how to use this module and I would appreciate if someone could explain exactly what I need to do or point me to where I could learn how to use it.

Thanks,

Robert

I'm obviously missing something very basic in how to use this module and I would appreciate if someone could explain exactly what I need to do or point me to where I could learn how to use it.

Hello Robert,

simply start LINDA.exe and search a bit here in the Forum for the manuals ... ^_^

Guenter Steiner

Hi all,

First of all, let me say that LINDA almost got me awaken for the last two weeks! I had just found it following a hint in a YouTube video and, since I own Saitek hardware, including the Switch Panel, as well as a VRinsight MCP Combo, it was love at first sight! I have, since then, spent hours configuring my hardware with the Twin Otter and the Dash8! Simply fantastic! A game changer! Thank you so much for this wonderfull piece of software and thank you for the modules!

Now to a simple question... I haven't found the TO-GA command from the button on the PL available in the LINDA module, although I saw it in one of those macros list in the previous posts. Am I missing something or is it really not available?

Thanks,

Marconi

MSFS 2020
Windows 10-64 Home
Intel i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz OC
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM 32.0 GB

Am I missing something or is it really not available?

Hello Marconi, thanks for the positive feedback!

I really have t get back into my Q4000 studies: there is a TO function in there???  ^_^  :blush:

As I was not aware that this aircraft is capable of TO it seems I have overseen it  :blush:  :blush:

Probably I need some weeks, but I will build it in as soon as possible

Guenter Steiner

Thanks Guenter! I'll be looking forward for the update. From the Dash8 sample flight manual:

"Press TO/GA button on a side of the Power Lever, this will make the Flight Director bars appear on the PFD, commanding the 9 degree pitch and the level flight."

I suppose it's the one below, that I found in a list in one of the previous posts in this thread.

65=TO_GA=RX7ffb0*X55cc

Regards,

Marconi

MSFS 2020
Windows 10-64 Home
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM 32.0 GB

Are you sure this isn't activated by the default FSX TOGA command, I seem to remember I assigned it when I flew this aircraft many months ago. I could be wrong though.

Cheers, Andy.

Are you sure this isn't activated by the default FSX TOGA command, I seem to remember I assigned it when I flew this aircraft many months ago. I could be wrong though.

No, I'm not sure... because I haven't tried it Andy. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Marconi

MSFS 2020
Windows 10-64 Home
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM 32.0 GB

Updated

1.1 > 1.2

TOGA added

if you have the version 1.1 installed (and I hope so) then you just need to replace the 2 files from

linda --> aircrafts --> Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 --> actions.lua and readme.txt

Guenter Steiner

Great Guenter! Thanks a lot for the update!

Marconi

MSFS 2020
Windows 10-64 Home
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM 32.0 GB

Download link location of version 1.2?

thx

First post in this thread. The links are always updated there.

Marconi

MSFS 2020
Windows 10-64 Home
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
RAM 32.0 GB

thank you

I just downloaded it.

could you tell me the difference between the default q400 mcp 2 file and the .lua file. are there different functions?

Lee