Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any progress on the audio issues when using the Q400 with FS2Crew, LINDA and the VRInsight MCP2?

Another forum user (MarkW) has come to this conclusion:

For some strange reason, Linda or your MCP is forcing this variable to 0 - L:RADIO1_SERV_INT_KNOB"

This is causing the audio in FS2Crew to drop out, which makes it currently unusable.

It really would be great to get this hardware/software configuration working. I appreciate it is probably only a small number within the community that have this setup, but it is a huge shame it currently doesn't work.

I don't have the knowledge or skill to look into this myself, but if anyone does and needs help with testing etc I'm more than happy to put this time in.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Hi Mick , Thanks for your reply . So i understand that i'm not alone !! I Hope someone can solve this issue because it's really bad to fly with one of two software's disabled 

Fly safe

Evangelos

Hey ScotFlieger and Guenseli,

I am working on writing SIOC for my opencockpits cards to run any switches dealing with an LED (Korry, or regular). The issue doesn't deal with the LED, but with getting the offset of the command for the switch. For example, I have a korry switch wired up with SIOC programming to run the parking brake (part of the SIOC tutorial). When the parking brake is on, the korry is on (in) and the lower LED is lit. When the Korry is off (out), the parking brake turns off, the lower LED goes out, and with a delay, the top LED turns on. What I'm trying to do, however, is take a command from LINDA, say "ICE EngIntake L Open" (or Closed) and get the FSUIPC offset to work within SIOC, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Here's the LINDA code (for quick reference):

function ICE_EngIntake_L_open ()
    ipc.writeLvar("MJC_VAR_WRITE_VALUE", 1)
    ipc.writeLvar("MJC_VAR_WRITE_CODE", 70232)
    DspShow ("IntL", "open")
end

function ICE_EngIntake_L_close ()
    ipc.writeLvar("MJC_VAR_WRITE_VALUE", 0)
    ipc.writeLvar("MJC_VAR_WRITE_CODE", 70232)
    DspShow ("IntL", "clse")
end

Here's my basic SIOC code.  The "offset $0BC8" in bold is what I would need:

Var 0400, Value 0 // Inicialización / Var init
Var 0001, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $0BC8, Length 2 // 
Var 0002, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 2 Type I //
{
IF V0002 = 1
{
V0001 = 32767
V0003 = 0
V0004 = DELAY 1 700
}
ELSE
{
V0001 = 0
V0003 = DELAY 1 700
V0004 = 0
}
}
Var 0003, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 11
Var 0004, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 12

Any help?

Hi Mick , Thanks for your reply . So i understand that i'm not alone !! I Hope someone can solve this issue because it's really bad to fly with one of two software's disabled 

Fly safe

Evangelos

I also confirm this.

Step to reproduce:

Start Linda with MCP combo disabled.

Star fs2crew.

Start briefing.

Everything should work OK.

While briefing is still playing, enable MCP Combo in Linda and reload Lua engine. Periodic mute periods will manifest during rest of the briefing.

It must be in the code periodically checking MCP combo.

Is there source code for Linda available?

updated to Version 2.0 to work with the PRO version (and also Pilot version)

1.3 --> 2.0
Released with PRO Version

- HUD
- Enhanced door code (open and close)
- added GSX refueling (calling refueling truck will open MJC payload program
- be sure to add the correct path in the \Prepar3D v3\Modules\linda\aircrafts\Majestic Dash 8 Q-400\actions.lua at line 63 )
- Clock CHR press

Note: this is no fix for the current FS2Crew voice problem!!!! Sorry

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant find a download link. Could someone please point me to it?

Thanks

Cheers!

Maarten

I cant find a download link. Could someone please point me to it?

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. The download has been put on hold pending the release to a fix for the Q400 module issue with FS2Crew and VRI MCP panels. It will be available shortly.  It will appear in the first entry of this thread.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The Q400 has been updated to 2.2 to fix the reported problems when using the Q400 with FS2Crew and the VRI Combo panels.  See top posting on Page 1.

NOTE: This update requires LINDA 2.6.6 to work correctly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

There are 2 reports of repeating voice announcements with Q400 module version 2.2 with FS2Crew 1.6 and a VRI Combo 2 panel (LINDA 2.6.6).

When climbing in Autopilot to cruise level (ALT SEL), the FO will repeat call 'thousand to go. Alt Sel' within 1000' for the set altitude and even when the set altitude is reached. The workaround is to change the ALT settings to a difference of more than a 1000' above once the cruise level is reached.

On approach the Flight Attendant will repeatedly say 'hello' during the approach. I have found no reliable workaround.

Further investigation is ongoing but no immediate solution is expected.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have been tinkering with my system and noted the Majestic module is missing and I was going to reinstall.  I'm kind of confused what to do, since I use the older version of Linda (1.3?) so it will work with my MCP v.1 (2.6.X doesn't seem to work with it.)  If I install the current module will it work with the older version of LINDA?  (And by "work", I mean function enough to make my MCP usable enough to fly and not cause a CTD everytime.)  

As an aside, I recently bought the FS2Crew for it, but have not yet installed it.  

Thanks for any advice. 

I have been tinkering with my system and noted the Majestic module is missing and I was going to reinstall.  I'm kind of confused what to do, since I use the older version of Linda (1.3?) so it will work with my MCP v.1 (2.6.X doesn't seem to work with it.)  If I install the current module will it work with the older version of LINDA?  (And by "work", I mean function enough to make my MCP usable enough to fly and not cause a CTD everytime.)  

As an aside, I recently bought the FS2Crew for it, but have not yet installed it.  

Thanks for any advice. 

One user reports that LINDA 2.6.3 is working with his MCP1.  There is a display error in 2.6.6 when used with the MCP1 which I am still investigating.  

The latest Q400 should work with LINDA 1.13 [sic]. However, you may experience with broken/truncated/missing voice calls with the latest version of FS2Crew 1.6.  I have a fix for LINDA 2.6.6 but am trying to resolve a repeatedly '1000 to go' call with the FS2Crew developer.  Watch this space.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

One user reports that LINDA 2.6.3 is working with his MCP1.  There is a display error in 2.6.6 when used with the MCP1 which I am still investigating.  

The latest Q400 should work with LINDA 1.13 [sic]. However, you may experience with broken/truncated/missing voice calls with the latest version of FS2Crew 1.6.  I have a fix for LINDA 2.6.6 but am trying to resolve a repeatedly '1000 to go' call with the FS2Crew developer.  Watch this space.

Thanks, Scott.  I'll double check, but my recollection is that the 2.6.3 caused the error message with the add-ons I used most.  I'll double check when I'm in front my FS rig.  

So,  a few data points and clarifications here:  To be clear, I have the original MCP Combo, the one that is listed as "untested" with v2.6.3 and that we should use 1.13 instead.  I couldn't get the q400 module to work at all.  I tried an older version of the module (not sure which one) as well as the new one with 1.13.  I got an error message every time.  I then tried installing versions 2.6.3 and it wouldn't work at all. I even got a display error that was so bad that I thought it had bricked my MCP, but I was able to fix it by a USB unplug/replug.   

Not sure what to do.  I could send the error message (which was something like "60003446") if that would help.  If there's an older version of the module you recommend, I'm certainly interested in trying it.  I'll even try 2.6.6 if you think that would work.

Best, 

EDIT: I noted there is a "2.6.3 v.2" that fixed the range check error.  I don't think I used that one.  Is that the one that has been reported to work successfully with the MCP1? 

So,  a few data points and clarifications here:  To be clear, I have the original MCP Combo, the one that is listed as "untested" with v2.6.3 and that we should use 1.13 instead.  I couldn't get the q400 module to work at all.  I tried an older version of the module (not sure which one) as well as the new one with 1.13.  I got an error message every time.  I then tried installing versions 2.6.3 and it wouldn't work at all. I even got a display error that was so bad that I thought it had bricked my MCP, but I was able to fix it by a USB unplug/replug.   

Not sure what to do.  I could send the error message (which was something like "60003446") if that would help.  If there's an older version of the module you recommend, I'm certainly interested in trying it.  I'll even try 2.6.6 if you think that would work.

Best, 

EDIT: I noted there is a "2.6.3 v.2" that fixed the range check error.  I don't think I used that one.  Is that the one that has been reported to work successfully with the MCP1?

The last version of LINDA tested with the original and long discontinued MCP1 is 1.13. As I am unable to get my hands on one I can offer no confidence that LINDA or any of the modules will work. I am unable to test or fault diagnose any reported problems or solutions. I can only suggest investing in the later models (Combo MCP2 Boeing or FCU Airbus). Users are always updating there other PC hardware, OS, and Addons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK