Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

I need a little help. How can I use the macros in the 8-400 dash. I use the module linda mjc8q400_v1_0. Unfortunately, some features about my mcp combo (Boeing - VR Insight) are not available. How do I have the new macros in my dash 8. I ask for a little guidance.

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Copy and paste the above code in post #14 into the file called mjc8q400.MCRO (replacing the whole contents of the file) which is located in the Modules folder inside your main FSX folder. Open the mjc8q400.MCRO file with Notepad, do not use a normal word processor as it will insert invisible formatting into the file which will break it.

Cheers, Andy.

I still hope, that one day, we get support from the Majestic devs to provide us with LUA variables etc. :unsure:

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too, but it won't happen until at least after they have released the expanded version of the Majestic.

It only took me about 30 minutes to recreate the macros, so its not that much work when a new version comes by every half year :)

Helge Rasmussen

It only took me about 30 minutes to recreate the macros

Helge, do you have a special method for it, or is this really hard "handwork" ...

I'm thinking about making the whole VC with Macros, but making the macros complete new with every update holds me off.

(the problem is, that I do not believe we get 100% LUA support with the pro version.)

Guenter Steiner

It is very easy to do when you just know how. It does not necessarily work on all planes, but most seem to work.

I can post a short description on how to do it tomorrow evening if you are interested.

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Would be nice, yes.

If it is really easy, then I will try to make a module with macro ... better said I will build on the great work you guys have made already!

Guenter Steiner

Great to hear you guys are working on this. Thanks for all the work you do.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

THanks Helge,

I know how to make Macros. I thought, you have an easier way to rework them after an update ^_^

But your description is really great, thanks!!!!

p.s. I have added/reworked now the complete Overhead Panel (except Fire section) and a few switches I really haven't found out.

The rest of the cockpit will follow, but will take a few days of course ...

Guenter Steiner

Hello,

I reworked now the complete module!

the macro has changed, many new functions, old functions reworked, VRInsight Display Support added.

All earlier functions have kept their names, however it could be by accident that the one or another does not work - then still reassign this button.

Download: http://www.fs-linda.com/downloads/modules/MJC_Dash8_v0_3.zip

IMPORTANT!

Everybody is invited to help with this module and make it better!!!!

But please, let us use now THIS module (v0.3)

(once, we reach v1.0 state, I open a new topic)

Big credits go to Capt. Pero and Helge Rasmussen!!!!

Guenter Steiner

You're welcome ...

Guys, several functions do not work, have a look in the readme.

What is not mentioned in the readme is the ALT sel: this is activated but vanishes after a second ...

If you find solutions and other improvements, feel free to add them!!!!

many thanks!

Guenter Steiner

Ah, great! Will change that ...

Guenter Steiner