Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

Hi one_shot2011, I have been doing some work on LINDA for the VRInsight Airbus FCU. There are no plans to my knowledge to look at covering the FMS. There are probably too many types of FMS to model. However, you will find that most FMS buttons are modelled in the LINDA aircraft modules that I have seen.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello,

The LINDA program is a very useful program, much better, then the original vrinsight (for PMDG and Aerosoft Airbus just simple fantastic). Thanks for that.

I have the latest LINDA version (2.0) and using Majestic dash8 Q-400 version 1.009. 

The switch panel is working (except the rotary button in the left side, and can not set for example the APU either, and some other buttons), but the MCP II combo panel is not (just the HDG, ALT, VS rotary buttons, and I could not set any more button). 

Maybe I did something wrong. The downloaded files does not contain the mentioned MCRO file!

Please help to set it up properly.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Imhoep01

I'll start by saying I don't have or use the Q400 but I'll try to help. I am not sure what the MCRO file is or where it is mentioned.

The far left knob I believe is the MINS.  You need to call up the MCP page in LINDA and click on the EFIS panel graphic at the bottom. You should see each knob with various actions (ie. A+, A++, A-, A--, etc) and the button on the EFIS. You will need to decide what function/action you wish to assign to each button/switch/knob. Then click on the empty caption or existing function beside each label and look up the function in the pop-up lists. You will find those associated with the Q400 halfway down the list. Once programmed save the settings and check that they work as required.

I hope that helps.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

I have tried to set the mcp panel the same way as you said. I did it with PMDG and Aerosoft Aibus as well, so I think I know how to set. But unfortunately it does not work with Majestic Q400. 

Thank you for your answer indeed. Do you have any more idea to find out what the problem is? I have just updated the Q400 version to the newest (1.011), I will try with that soon.

Best regards.

Hi imhotel01

My apologises for going back to basics in my previous response but offering a more detailed answer can help others.

I have not used Q400 but I understand from an earlier thread that the SDK for that aircraft uses a non-standard method of reading and setting parameters and it is this that is causing you problems. I can't help in that area.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

I have updated the Majestic software to the latest version (1.011) and now it is working perfectly :lol:  :rolleyes:  :yahoo: . Thank you for your answers.

Best regards.

You are welcome. Glad to help. Well done.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Howdy all, just bought this craft and loaded the Linda module. It seems like the programming of the bird precludes using a MCP to its full potential. Much of the left side of the MCP (baro, range) and the autopilot (vnav) seems unavailable. I'm happy to go hunting to find other things, but it sounds like others have tried. If there's unexplored hunting, please let me know

Best,

Hi Real

First of all I need to ask which MCP Panel and version of LINDA you are using. LINDA 1.13 is recommended at the moment.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I was using Linda 1.1.1  Just upgraded to 1.1.3.  Doesn't seem to matter.  I have the VRInsight Boeing style MCP (first version).  Looking at the list of commands in the first post, it doesn't appear that anyone has been able to isolate the range switching, feature (There's only 4 or 5 positions in the DASH.)  A lot of the Autopilot functions also seem to be unavailable.  The vertical navigation on this plane seems similar to the J41 (IAS, Alt SEL, etc.)    

Hi Real

I know nothing of the Q400 but looking at the module, I believe the functions you are looking for are: Ped_Range_inc() and Ped_Range_dec() which you should program against the TFC knob in the EFIS section. Although knob rotates through 360 deg the limits the actions to 5 stops. See how you get on with that.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Glad to help Real.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello,

I miss in the setting ARCDU panel (or both panels), where I can via radiopanel set frequency COM1 and COM2, NAV1 and NAV2 and also ADF and XPDR.
O don´t need the other settings of this panel. Does anybody have this?
While I´m setting for example the frequency  NAV1 to ARCDU1,  the frequency on my Saitek Radio panels are changing, but it is not  possible to switch them, or select.
Long pressing of the switch would chose the radio, through the outer and inner rotary knob can be captured whether the value of the whole and decimal numbers  increase / decrease. so it's all beautiful ""broken". I have set multi panel and switch panel, but I miss for Radio panel elements for setting (basically there missing the whole classic radiopanel).

Lubo, Slovakia

Hi Lubo

What version of LINDA and which hardware are you using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK