Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 (module 2.6)

Good day,

I'm using the first MCP Combo version without problems vía last Linda version and last module version.

I suggest you to try last updates.

Miguel Leandro

Good day,

I'm using the first MCP Combo version without problems vía last Linda version and last module version.

Are you seeing the correct Condition Level, flap and other data on the MCP1 2 line display?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Good day,

Are you using 2.6.6 with MCP1?  Scott seemed to say that had a display issue which I believe I experienced.  

The last version of LINDA tested with the original and long discontinued MCP1 is 1.13. As I am unable to get my hands on one I can offer no confidence that LINDA or any of the modules will work. I am unable to test or fault diagnose any reported problems or solutions. I can only suggest investing in the later models (Combo MCP2 Boeing or FCU Airbus). Users are always updating there other PC hardware, OS, and Addons.

Thanks, I don't think a new MCP is likely, but I will tinker with 2.6.3 v.2 and see if I can get that to work with the MCP1 and a version of the module.  Maybe  I can turn the MCP off if I'm using the Q400.  Not ideal, but I have other hardware that I would like to work as well and it appears to.  

If you happen to fix (or think you have fixed) the MCP1 display issue on 2.6.6, let me know and I can test it for you.  

Best,

Best,

Are you seeing the correct Condition Level, flap and other data on the MCP1 2 line display?

You are right. The screen doesnt show información regarding flaps or nothing, just speed and heading...

Everything else, buttons, switches... Work fine..

Miguel Leandro

Ok, I got the MCP1 to work with 2.6.6 for all aircraft EXCEPT the Q400. I got this error.

LUA Error: ....a-cfg/aircrafts/Majestic Dash 8 Q-400/config-hid.lua:3 attempt to index field (068E00510 (a nil value)

So then, I deleted (actually renamed) the config.lua file in the linda-cfg folder for the Q400 (this is advice you gave me on a slightly different error I had in an earlier thread.  It seems to work now.  A couple nits:

1.  Saved flights: do not work.  I get a string of error messages.  Not a big deal.  I will try some new flights and saving them to ensure this is just for "old" flights and not some persistent issue. 

2.  The display is pretty simple, but it works, so I'm ok with that. It beats not working at all. 

What's with the APU Gen (and Bleed air) toggle switch? It doesn't do anything for me but APU gen on/off works fine. Any ideas?

Hi,

I am having an issue with the Q400 when I enable my VRInsight MCP Combo whilst using FS2Crew. I am hearing the Flight Attendant constantly saying "Hello" which should only happen if the Call button is pressed on the ARCDU panel.

If I disable the MCP in Linda everything is fine. This has already been discussed on the FS2Crew forum, with the conclusion being that there must be some sort of conflict between FS2Crew and the Linda module for the Q400.

Do you think anything can be done to fix this problem?

Many thanks,

Mick Williams

I am having an issue with the Q400 when I enable my VRInsight MCP Combo whilst using FS2Crew. I am hearing the Flight Attendant constantly saying "Hello" which should only happen if the Call button is pressed on the ARCDU panel.

If I disable the MCP in Linda everything is fine. This has already been discussed on the FS2Crew forum, with the conclusion being that there must be some sort of conflict between FS2Crew and the Linda module for the Q400.

A couple of thoughts here.  I believe that Majestic wrote the module so, it might be beneficial to raise this with them.  Second thought is that, if you're not pressing any buttons on the VRInsight then it must be the Timer function that's causing the problem.  Looks to me that it doesn't do anything other than update display values on the unit.  You might try to temporarily rename that function to Timerx or something to see if it works as a temporary fix until someone can look at it in more depth.  Which version of the VRInsight do you have?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

First, can I ask that this discussion be moved to the support sub-forum as it not related to the download section.

There are timing issues affecting the operation of FS2Crew and Q400 with LINDA. Check under support for this discussion. I did some timing changes but regarding the ALT SEL call that I could not resolve even with the help of the FS2Crew author.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi, Capt. PERO:

Great job!

I am new on Majestic but I wonder if it is possible to change TCAS status via LINDA. I've tried to trace the Majestic variables but it result nothing.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot.

Decio

Decio,

unfortunately not - or better said as far as I can say. I have also found nothing

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updated to module version 2.4

2.4:
some fixes
added GSX Door function
you can disable the GSX door function by uncommenting the function GSX_Door_Service () inside the timer function

More info about the LINDA GSX Door Service:

old version 2.3 here:

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Update 2.5 has been released to add a Q400-specific MCP1(original) default configuration file (config-mcp.default). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

55 minutes ago, Sven Schawe said:

Hi,

download doesnt work.

Greetz

DropBox has changed its public sharing rules. Moved to new server. Try again. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK