Sign in to follow this  
SVA1181

Your first test flight with the 777?

In preparation for the coming PMDG 777, it would be good to know the characteristics of your first test flight. what do you test and focus on? and how do you test it?

for me it will be immediately from cold and dark, crash my head till i manage to turn it on, 2 short tests (with LNAV, VNAV below 10k feet) above my local airport with a cat 3 landing, then a cat 1 landing. third test is a stall and maneuverability test (usually manual), and finally an autopilot behavior test. well that's the first i do with every new aircraft addon.

ill fly Sydney to Christchurch in Emirates  Return then its off to Dubai from Sydney 14hrs non stop

Jason Richards

Probably crash it, the first time i set off in the 737NG i loaded the fuel tanks incorrectly and as soon as i took off for the first time it pitched to 80 degrees nose up and came back down onto the runway threshold  :lol:

I'll throw out all the payload, get a little bit of fuel and do fully manual T&G's at LGMK!

Just to test the power of those GE90's and the overall handling of the tripple.

My test flight will be pretty short. Memphis-Dubai in a FedEx freighter.

Chris Sunseri

I'll probably load her up straight out at KPAE. Of course spend some time just checking it out, playing around with systems, seeing night lighting, engine start-up, flap deployment etc! Then probably take her up lightly loaded, see how it performs overall and maybe a stall or two (you have to try it!). Put her in a custom hold somewhere, engine-out, hydraulic failure, IDG failure etc. Then depart at MTOW and come back in using the overweight landing checklist. Just things like that really! I'll actually use my EZDOK Camera to get a good look on the VC and Exterior - then set up my equipment list and a panel state to use for each flight.

After having some fun for a few hours, if time allows then I'll do OMDB-EGLL! If they release it later in the day or I spend too long just messing with it, then the next day I'll do the first proper flight. After that probably OMDB-KJFK sector then an Australia & New Zealand run from OMDB.

Then probably take her up lightly loaded, see how it performs overall and maybe a stall or two (you have to try it!). Put her in a custom hold somewhere, engine-out, hydraulic failure, IDG failure etc. Then depart at MTOW and come back in using the overweight landing checklist.

(...) .

That's an advanced testing practice, I will try to do the same here, thanks for the suggestions.

@SVA1181 No worries! Not sure you'd expect anything less from me hehe :-P

@SVA1181 No worries! Not sure you'd expect anything less from me hehe :-P

:lol: Sure I will not, good luck in your flying career.

In fact I will probably stare for like one hour at the cold&dark cockpit and "explore" it before I even start messing around with all the features of this tremendous bird!

As soon as I get it I will just sit there shaking with excitement. Then explore the cockpit and just admire the work PMDG have put into it. After that, I will start up those almighty's and let her rip down the long tarmac strip. Test her out by doing some T&G's etc, a few stalls at full power and no power...

The day after (depending on my schedule) I will christen the long new era of the T7 and do a flight to Asia somewhere, not yet decided my route, preferably Taiwan or Korea.

I will load it up and have a good look around it first, then do some base training with it shooting a couple of different approaches, touch and go's etc, then once I am happy i will fly the tutorial flight. After this i will be doing EGBB-OMDB, Then OMDB-YSSY and onward to NZCH, I cannot WAIT to 1) Get this aircraft, 2)Get Orbx scenery for Aus and NZ! Thereafter i will be using Emirates operations out of Dubai.

Bring it on.

Adam

I bought the 777 for X Plane by VMax to try out  - will also get the PMDG one when released for XP10.

Here is my first test flight - it shows how similar it is to the NGX because I was able to pretty capably flying it out by hand and get the AP going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymiHdu5y7zs

Im going out the factory for a test flight locally around Seattle, a few bump and go's to land for a big refuel before a delivery flight to Heathrow T5 :rolleyes: