Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

PMDG for Airbus?

Well hopefully the AS update does something for the AXE throttle, it's a nightmare!  Anybody here ever got that working right? secret?  I'm ready to park that thing.

No problem for me, it just works  - Using FSUIPC

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well hopefully the AS update does something for the AXE throttle, it's a nightmare!  Anybody here ever got that working right? secret?  I'm ready to park that thing.

Mine worked fine from day one, I parked the jet for other reasons but you are aware that Airbus uses detents in their throttles, right? Talked to another person who had issues but they were trying to treat the throttles the same way they would on a Boeing. 

Well hopefully the AS update does something for the AXE throttle, it's a nightmare! Anybody here ever got that working right? secret? I'm ready to park that thing.

Try to visit the aerosoft forum, they have plenty of solutions for different throttle issues.

forum.aerosoft.com

Well hopefully the AS update does something for the AXE throttle, it's a nightmare! Anybody here ever got that working right? secret? I'm ready to park that thing.

I mean, this is still the PMDG forum, right?   :unsure:

And this is a thread in the PMDG forum enquiring about Airbus aircraft, from other developers, but in PMDG quality?

Hard to believe this topic is neither locked nor deleted ...

Having said all this:   :rolleyes:

The AXE (never meant to be either PMDG or FSL quality) needs a hardware lever (yoke assembly or certain joystick types) assigned to the FSX throttle axis to work (no matter whether FSUIPC is registered or not).

And of course the AXE throttles have to be worked in an Airbus fashion - using detents as mentioned above.

+1, the official AXE forums are a better place to discuss and troubleshoot your issue ...   B)

I mean, this is still the PMDG forum, right?   :unsure:

And this is a thread in the PMDG forum enquiring about Airbus aircraft, from other developers, but in PMDG quality?

Hard to believe this topic is neither locked nor deleted ...

Having said all this:   :rolleyes:

The AXE (never meant to be either PMDG or FSL quality) needs a hardware lever (yoke assembly or certain joystick types) assigned to the FSX throttle axis to work (no matter whether FSUIPC is registered or not).

And of course the AXE throttles have to be worked in an Airbus fashion - using detents as mentioned above.

+1, the official AXE forums are a better place to discuss and troubleshoot your issue ...   B)

My post was more meant as "buyer beware", for $33 usd I have something that works poorly even following the AS directives.  Yes I know how an Airbus works, I own the Wilcos and PSS, I'm familiar with detent.

My post was more meant as "buyer beware", for $33 usd I have something that works poorly even following the AS directives. Yes I know how an Airbus works, I own the Wilcos and PSS, I'm familiar with detent.

I'd be inclined to discuss your issue in case you can find us a nice place for that discussion ...

The Airbus XE is nicely done and like the NGX, it just works out of the box. You can jump in and without much fuss be away in no time. It flies pretty well and is very nicely textured, but not as well as the NGX. The FSL A320 will be better as an all rounder I've no doubt, although I'm not totally sold on the cockpit textures we've seen thus far.

On topic, I wouldn't be surprised if PMDG have a bash at a 'bus one day. Robert refused to be drawn on the 'bus question on the recent frooglesim podcast whereas he did rule out a remake of the MD11, for example. This to me says the 'bus is a possibility for the future as he tellingly hasn't ruled it out.

whereas he did rule out a remake of the MD11, for example

While I know Rob and PMDG have their reasons for this, I think its a mistake, especially with all the love the MD-11 has been getting on the forums lately..

I'd buy the MD-11 V2 quicker than I would the 747 V2, even if its only a refresh of the exterior textures and maybe tweaking the cockpit to up the details just a bit.