Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Would anyone recommend Simcheck A300?

The Simcheck A300 was one of those planes that I was going to buy several years ago, but I told myself I was going to wait for a Service Pack. That came and went, but my interest drifted in other directions. It looks like a nice plane, but I never hear anybody talking about it, or putting it on their must-have lists.

How does this rate in realistic systems modelling, accuracy, and overall experience compared to some of the top addon airliners out there today? Would it ever get any use when you have a hangar full of PMDG airplanes?

Overall, the Simcheck A300 is one of the better airliners available. It has very accurate systems modeling, fuel, air, hydraulics etc.

It has a very good flight model, and is a real pleasure to fly. There doesn't seem to be any quirks in any part of it.

Some folks do not like the virtual cockpit textures, as they are not current quality. It is a first generation electronic flight deck, and does not have an FMC, ( although that is being made - albeit quite slowly). It uses a delco carousel for lateral navigation, and can be used with the default FSX GPS nav.

The external model is not bad, and there are quite a few repaints available. I haven't flown on a real A300, but I have been on it's younger little brother the A310 many times, and the sound pack seems very close to that.

If you like planes of this era, this one is very nice.

In case you didn't know, it won the Avsim "Bravo Zulu" award in 2010.

- Roger

It is a fantastic, very underrated add-on. Feels great to fly, has good systems simulation, can thoroughly recommend it.

FMC? Why? God. No reason.

This plane have very easy to use INS.. if you just dont want to insert still new waypoints, you can simply load FSX flight plan (even with more waypoints than 9 and it will work)

This plane fly the radio navigation totaly best.. you just let autopilot on and changing CRS or VORs according to charts.. its 100% accurate, not like captainsim classic planes..

Simcheck A300 is best classic airliner to FSX

I am actually flying it right now. Love it.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I agree with what others said. Very nice addon, with good FM, systems simulation, sounds, and very good autopilot, that works smoothly and guides the plane without jerks. And of course the auotpilot has all custom modes implemented, like IAS, CWS, autoland. No FMC, but INS is easy to use and you can load FSX flightplan into it in 3 clicks. Or you can enter coordinates of every waypoint of the route step by step.

At the initial release some people complained that the Flight Engineer's panel is 2D and night lightning is too bright, but both issues have been fixed in Service Pack.

Apart from FSLabs Concorde and Project Tupolev Tu-154, it's the best '70s era airliner out there. And the easiest to operate of the three.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Yes, I agree with all posts, the A300 is a great classic. I put it alongside the Mad Dog when it comes to immersion.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I looked at screenshots does it have wing flex??

Jason Richards

I am not a big Airbus fan at all, but the A300-600 is close to my heart, amazing aircraft!   I will now have to go and check this out LOL!

Kind regards

FMC? Why? God. No reason.

This plane have very easy to use INS.. if you just dont want to insert still new waypoints, you can simply load FSX flight plan (even with more waypoints than 9 and it will work)

This plane fly the radio navigation totaly best.. you just let autopilot on and changing CRS or VORs according to charts.. its 100% accurate, not like captainsim classic planes..

Simcheck A300 is best classic airliner to FSX

Why? Because that's how I fly airliners, the way they fly today. All A300's flying today have FMC's not INS'.

I am not a big Airbus fan at all, but the A300-600 is close to my heart, amazing aircraft!   I will now have to go and check this out LOL!

Kind regards

It's not a -600, it's a B4-200

Does the INS work completely on its own?

I ask, because like the Captain sim 707 it has an INS in the VC but doesn't actually work. You have to download and manually add the CIVA INS.

I see Fedex fly the A300 out of SFO almost every day, it sure would be nice to get this addon.

The INS is built into the model, works perfectly fine in the VC and of course it can drive the autopilot. It's not CIVA INS but it is a simulation of the same Delco Carousel INS.

Wing flex AFAIK is not implemented. Something about rigid wings that don't flex so much.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations