Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Would anyone recommend Simcheck A300?

I frequently fly it on cargo hops. Pleasure to fly and very accurate FDE and systems. I just wish the update with the FMC etc would be released. It was due October 2012!

I am not a big Airbus fan at all, but the A300-600 is close to my heart, amazing aircraft! I will now have to go and check this out LOL!

Kind regards

It's not a -600, it's a B4-200

Yeah, but it is an Airbus 300 series aircraft,  close enough.

Kind regards

Does the INS work completely on its own?

I ask, because like the Captain sim 707 it has an INS in the VC but doesn't actually work. You have to download and manually add the CIVA INS.

I see Fedex fly the A300 out of SFO almost every day, it sure would be nice to get this addon.

FedEx doesn't fly this model.

I've also wanted this aircraft but I'll wait for the FMC upgrade. 

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Yes, the SimCheck A300 is, at least in my preferences, the best plane for FSX.

I used to fly my PMDG planes all the time, but now I never have time for them because I'm always in the A300! B)

The addition of an FMC would ruin it in my opinion, it's totally unnecessary. The INS is so simple to use its frightening, and as long as you RTFM then you will have no problems. Probably the same sort of people who will break down in tears when they need to fly a raw data VOR approach or realise you have to disengage the auto throttle during climb above FL290 and set thrust manually to maintain M0.78. I love it and haven't set foot in the NGX since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The INS is built into the model, works perfectly fine in the VC and of course it can drive the autopilot. It's not CIVA INS but it is a simulation of the same Delco Carousel INS.

Wing flex AFAIK is not implemented. Something about rigid wings that don't flex so much.

Thank you!

FedEx doesn't fly this model.

Ah, well sorry. Close enough.

FedEx A300-600.

Wikipedia source.

Thanks!

I haven't flown it in a while but this is one of the most stable and solid complex airliners ever released for any MSFS version.  I've flown a lot of them in my time and the flight model and systems are rock solid in the A300.  Not once have I ever encountered anything unexpected or glitchy.  It just works as advertised every time.  It's not even terribly complicated to operate from cold and dark.  If you could manage the DF727, the SimCheck A300 will be easy. 

The only flaw that I have found with it is that the modeling is a bit dated and has some rough spots behind the cockpit windows on the exterior model.  With systems and an FDE like it has got though, I really couldn't care less as it is such a insignificant flaw.  The INS is a bit simplified as well.  The freeware CIVA version is way more hardcore than the one included in the SimCheck.  It is actually quite easy to use and program.

I'd say if you are thinking about buying, just get it!

One of the best airliner sims available, especially now that the CIVA can be easily installed.

It truly does not need an FMC, GPS or any other crutch to make it a great simulation.

This plane have very easy to use INS.. if you just dont want to insert still new waypoints, you can simply load FSX flight plan (even with more waypoints than 9 and it will work)

I tried loading a FSX-created flight plan, but still kept seeing the tutorial flight's waypoints being loaded, so have to fly manually referring to the EFB-created route plan and changing course as required. As you seem to have a fair grip of this INS, please advise what I may be doing wrong. Other than that, Simcheck have brought out a fab add-on.Thanks.

"Would anyone recommend Simcheck A300?"

It seems that everyone that has it would.

"Would anyone recommend Simcheck A300?"

It seems that everyone that has it would.

It's very good, and we didn't hesitate to give it the voice treatment a while ago, complete with virtual FO and virtual Flight Engineer.