Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

Constant Lockups When Going Into Prepar3D Menus

Good Day,

Looking for some help from some Prepar3D experts…. Have posted this request for assistance on the Prepar3D, Orbx Prepar3d and Avsim forums in hope that someone may have a solution…….

Having major freeze up on all menu screens once they are selected in the simulation…. Installed Prepar3D as instructed, opened it the first time as administrator and the program seemed to open without issue…. First indication of problems was attempting to open menus to make adjustments…. Initially seemed to work OK then started to lockup every time I opened a menu… Only way out was CNTL/ALT/DELETE and exit via the task manager….. At times I can open a few menus make my changes and cleanly exit the program, so by now I have most of my settings as I would like them….. However now almost every time I go to the menus the program locks up….. Also thought it was windowed vs. full screen for a short time but now lockups happen in both screen modes….

Used the Orbx P3D Migrator Linker V130 and it appeared to correctly set up all my Orbx scenery in Prepar3D….. Thought possibly the problem was when I was in Orbx scenery areas but then found had the same problem with the Prepar3D default setting in FTX Central……..

The only changes made to the original P3D program was the addition of the default FSX B737-800 and the migration of all my Orbx scenery……..

OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit……..

Any help appreciated, P3D runs like a dream on my system and I would hate to have to give it up.....

Thanks,

JayDub

Jaydub,

Just to verify you have Vista 64bit Home Premium?

You do not have the uiautomationcore.dll fix in ..?

What version of P3D do you have?

When P3D was first installed did you have this problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi.

Prepar3D Full Version is........... 1.4.4747.0

Sim Connect Version is ...........  1.4.0.0 

Yes OS is Vista 64bit Home Premium, and as stated it has been running FSX without issues for years and my FSX installation is very complex with a total of 193GB of program and addons........

Installed Prepar3d three days ago April 27th...... Had this problem from the first day....... The uiautomationcore.dll fix you mentioned appears to be a Windows 7 64bit app, not really sure what it would do for me or if it is a factor with Vista 64bit, I have made no attempt to use it...........

Again any help appreciated,

JayDub

JayDub,

"The uiautomationcore.dll fix you mentioned appears to be a Windows 7 64bit app"

True, that is why I wanted to know .. you did not use it.

"Installed Prepar3d three days ago April 27th...... Had this problem from the first day."

Ok, I do not know Orbx ... so was P3D (original product, no addons etc) failing prior to Orbx?

Best Regards,

Yes, Prepar3D menus failing prior to any addons..........................

Seems P3D just does not like my system................ FSX installation running very well for years and it is very complex with a total of 193GB of program and addons........

What I would do is:

Remove overclocking.

Uninstall third party software from P3D.

Uninstall P3D.

Reboot PC.

Verify FSX is still OK ... all menu selections working.

Reboot PC.

Install P3D.

Reboot PC.

Do not install any other purchased aircraft / scenery / hardware / etc.

Test P3D with default P3D default aircraft.

Looking for a displayed error code or message to help isolate and problem(s) that may come up.

Notes:

Do not install or migrate any of your purchased software that does not have its own installer for P3D until all testing is completed.

You have not run into problems with the 512MB video card yet?

Have you considered going to Win7?

Best Regards,

Tried it all ....................

No luck so far.............. After three clean uninstalls and reinstalls problems still with me .......... Sometimes the menues work and sometimes they lock up ..... Most of the time they lock up..... Run as administrator each time but makes no difference..... Had problems prior to adding anything to the original Prepar3D program.....Also coninued crashes to desktop when in some of the Orbx scenery ares, used the Orbx migration tool and opject flow linker V1.4 ....... All drivers and windows updates current....... This system has been running a very complex FSX installation for years and it has a total of 193GB of program and addons...... Until now I have not seen the software yet that this system will not run....... After 5 days getting close to giving up..... Really a shame as when the program does run for me it has outstanding visuals and performance......

.......................Sapphire Radeon HD4870 512MB ...... Yes this card is enough ..... Runs FSX at very high settings smoothly

JayDub

May I suggest that you apply this?

microsoftfixit 50496

or read & try this

Your problem is really weird, and nothing comes to my mind reallly, but the above patch seems innocuous and, who knows?....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

May I suggest that you apply this?

microsoftfixit 50496

or read & try this

Your problem is really weird, and nothing comes to my mind reallly, but the above patch seems innocuous and, who knows?....

This does nothing in 64 bit Windows:

Memory types
INCREASEUSERVA integer The size of the user-mode address space for 32-bit versions of Windows. The default value is 2 GB. To specify a larger value, set INCREASEUSERVA to the size of the address space, in MB. The valid range for INCREASEUSERVA is 2048 to 3072. This data type is not used for 64-bit versions of Windows. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463064.aspx

You're right!  Sorry :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have a very similar problem. I'm running win 8 x64. I've posted it on the LM P3D forum

I have a very similar problem. I'm running win 8 x64. I've posted it on the LM P3D forum

I seen these comments on P3D forum.:

"A lot of our internal systems we use also have some issues under Windows 8, which is why we only officially support up to Windows 7 at the moment. "

"I stopped using Windows 8 for that reason,and other issues where I was not able to get to safe mode to recover the OS.

Other issues with Windows 8 was that Prepar3D crashed a lot of the time."

Here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=2572

Best Regards,

I actually reverted from Win8 Pro (64 bit) to Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit just for the sake of being able to run LM Prepar3d.

Main Simulation Rig: