Sign in to follow this  

I'm Ashamed of Myself

Had my first taste of X-plane 10 64bit. Have to say there are no fly's on it. Now if I compared it to FSX which I have work on for months to get the best out off for my hardware it losses. But that is clearly not a fair comparison. Out of the box it is way superior to FSX! I yanked the snot out of the sliders and to be honest I could live with the frame rate. between 9 and 15 fps. However with the default options it was better looking than FSX with default options and smooth as glass. Overall I would have to say that I see this as being way superior to FSX. I won't get buried in it just yet. FS is all about the NGX for me. But I will play with the setting to find the optimal performance for my hardware and have some fun with the K21 and Jet ranger. There you go. The right sim for the right kind of flying. Have you heard that before? Bottom line; I am excited about X-plane 10 and would recommend it to the experienced Fight Simmer. $45 well spent

Had my first taste of X-plane 10 64bit. Have to say there are no fly's on it. Now if I compared it to FSX which I have work on for months to get the best out off for my hardware it losses. But that is clearly not a fair comparison. Out of the box it is way superior to FSX! I yanked the snot out of the sliders and to be honest I could live with the frame rate. between 9 and 15 fps. However with the default options it was better looking than FSX with default options and smooth as glass. Overall I would have to say that I see this as being way superior to FSX. I won't get buried in it just yet. FS is all about the NGX for me. But I will play with the setting to find the optimal performance for my hardware and have some fun with the K21 and Jet ranger. There you go. The right sim for the right kind of flying. Have you heard that before? Bottom line; I am excited about X-plane 10 and would recommend it to the experienced Fight Simmer. $45 well spent

happy flying and don't forget that PMDG will announce their secret xp10 payware project soon.....maybe it's your NGX :lol: