Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

New RedPiper Video: XPlane10 - Odyssey

Sometimes I do miss XP10 :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sometimes I do miss XP10 :-/

DEFECTOR:   :lol:  :P a defector is a person who gives up allegiance to one FlightSim in exchange for allegiance to another :diablo:  :Just Kidding:

Very, very nice video. The only pity is that fact the clouds don't extend to the horizon in the opening scene. Not the author's fault but one of my biggest criticisms of X-plane weather. If it wasn't for that, the draw distance (blurries) and the lack of AI, I'd be sooooooo much happier.<br /><br />Any idea if they plan on fixing the cloud draw distance issue or is there some workaround I don't know of? Putting clouds above 100% doesn't help as it just thickens the cloud density above you but not into the distance.<br /><br />Again, well done on the video.

If it wasn't for that, the draw distance (blurries) and the lack of AI, Putting clouds above 100% doesn't help as it just thickens the cloud density above you but not into the distance

:shok: :O no blurries or cloud problem on my pc and AI addon was released last week :good:

777_v10_10_zpsd8408f7b.png

777_v10_1_zpsf63f000c.png

Very Nice,I Love that Alabeo Waco,neat to see the new AA Livery On The J.Rollon CRJ.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

no blurries or cloud problem on my pc and AI addon was released last week

By blurries, I was referring to the horizonal blurries when at altitude. Everyone has that issue currently as it's to do with the way Xplane is programmed. Can you post a picture of your clouds meeting the horizon at ground level with no mountains in the way (flat terrain)? I always have blue sky in the distance which looks strange. Also I have yet to see a screenshot where the cloud extends to the horizon on flat terrain. I am a big Xplane fan as I hope you can tell by now but I think we need to be honest about certain issues.

By blurries, I was referring to the horizonal blurries when at altitude. Everyone has that issue currently as it's to do with the way Xplane is programmed. Can you post a picture of your clouds meeting the horizon at ground level with no mountains in the way (flat terrain)? I always have blue sky in the distance which looks strange. Also I have yet to see a screenshot where the cloud extends to the horizon on flat terrain. I am a big Xplane fan as I hope you can tell by now but I think we need to be honest about certain issues.

a320neo_4_zps1c02f49d.png

a320neo_2_zps5bbd7fe7.png

a320neo_3_zps7902bb5d.png

a320neo_1_zps52cbba17.png

pics were taken in 32bit mode, still no blurries in the distance

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them but the blurries appear from higher altitude especially evident in non-flat terrain. Take the same pictures in a mountaineous region from 35000 feet or higher and you will see blurred terrain ahead where Xplane doesn't draw the scenery fully ahead of you. It is extremely strange looking. Please take a look at this. It has been discussed on many a blog, forum and review with many people hoping it will be fixed.

Secondly, your pictures proove my point regarding the clouds. In your images, your clouds do not extend to the horizon. Instead in the distance you see the sky colour.  As I mentioned, this is extemely evident from ground level and even in your screenshots. This means we can never have completely overcast conditions with a flat horizon.

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them but the blurries appear from higher altitude especially evident in non-flat terrain. Take the same pictures in a mountaineous region from 35000 feet or higher and you will see blurred terrain ahead where Xplane doesn't draw the scenery fully ahead of you. It is extremely strange looking. Please take a look at this. It has been discussed on many a blog, forum and review with many people hoping it will be fixed.

Secondly, your pictures proove my point regarding the clouds. In your images, your clouds do not extend to the horizon. Instead in the distance you see the sky colour.  As I mentioned, this is extemely evident from ground level and even in your screenshots. This means we can never have completely overcast conditions with a flat horizon.

I will try it at higher altitudes tonight :good:

five by five,  Which airbus were you flying?

I was helping a guy get his pit together yesterday and was talking to him about xplane.   He is a  320 captain IRL and asked if there was anything well modeled around the 320.

I dont know much about heavies in XP.

five by five,  Which airbus were you flying?

I was helping a guy get his pit together yesterday and was talking to him about xplane.   He is a  320 captain IRL and asked if there was anything well modeled around the 320.

I dont know much about heavies in XP.

the JarDesign A320neo   $35

http://airbus320neo.com/