Sign in to follow this  
jewell45

My impressions on the Majestic q400

I thought I would share my opinion of this aircraft.

I love this aircraft it is one of the best made for fsx yet. But the problem I have is not knowing how top work it. I am use to tube liners where the plane does the majority of the work for the pilot

I am also baffled with the FMC. I think I have the bare minimums of it down but beyond that I have no idea what I'm doing <nsertdogoncomputer.jpg>
The few flights that I have flown in it ended poorly but I am still determined to learn this aircraft and master it! so back to reading the manuals I guess.

So those are my thoughts and stories of the q400. Now what are yours?

Youtube channel update: first video coming up on Tuesday. (I know i said Sunday but I had some issues.)
Link:http://www.youtube.com/HudGaming45

have you tried the advanced tutorial yet?

most of the feedback is actually in the unofficial majestic forum

There's a very good FMC tutorial here...

Should help you a lot.

As the others have said, scan the tutorials, you can't expect to be proficient without doing so.

Tutorials...

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/downloads.html

As for landing, it's a bit different to most aircraft. The Dash is a power on landing aircraft. Don't power back until you are almost touching down, 10 feet works. And most definitely do not power back completely, just a fraction, keep some power on until the main gear has touched down.

Approach at VREF+10

my first landing went a little something like this

I love this aircraft and everything works really well, the only thing that I find is a problem is the autopilot during ILS Approaches, I dont know if it's supposed to do this but for me it goes from LOC / GS cap to Pitch hold after a few.

It KIND OF makes sense since the ILS glideslope is actually stable when its captured and the autopilot does not handle the engines, but I dont know really.
Would this mean that the pilot actually is in control of keeping the aircraft on the ILS GS by managing its power while the AP keeps it steady on pitch and wings level?

Would be nice to get some kind of "official" explanation on how it really works, the sample flight tutorial pdf is kind of unclear just at that approach phase.

As far as I can tell, the AP "loses" the GS (and reverts to PITCH HOLD) if you deviate too far from the Glideslope.

I'm not sure it would do that in the real aircraft, but it does do it in this one, but as above, I've only see it happen, where my aircraft deviated too far from the GS.

It can be quite easy to deviate from the GS in the Q400, even under Autopilot, due to the plane not having an autothrottle, and being very sensitive in terms of power settings affecting the rate of descent.