Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Boeing 744 crashes in Afghanistan

Amazing major news organizations aren't reporting this

Yeah, I've not heard a dickie on BBC News about this. Only for reading it here, I'd have been none the wiser. Wonder why. Is there a news blackout?

Yeah, I've not heard a dickie on BBC News about this. Only for reading it here, I'd have been none the wiser. Wonder why. Is there a news blackout?

Cargo crashes normally don't get much attention from the media, since this video has come out expect to see it picked up very quickly.

Rob Prest

That might be the worst crash video I've ever seen... god. You know that the crew knew exactly what was happening and how powerless they were to stop it the whole time. Ugh.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Having looked at that video a number of times yet I don't think it's sunk in yet.

To watch such a large machine, just fail you like that, I can't imagine what the crew must have been going through. When you fly the heavy metal you almost start to feel like they can do anything, like if there's ever a problem, you can sort it out, it might not be a nice solution, but if you're good enough you can make it back to the ground alive.

To have such an aircraft go out of control like that and fail you as a pilot must have been one of the worst possible feelings. Regardless of what you do, what you try, how long you've been flying, how skilled you are, you are going to crash, and you are going to die. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

As has been said, that's hard to watch.  No way out for them.

RIP.

hardly any sound makes it eerie. Nothing the crew could have possibly done about it, RIP

ZORAN

As has been said, that's hard to watch.  No way out for them.

RIP.

Yes. Very hard to watch, even after several times of watching it!

That is insane. I saw video from a different angle from the rear yesterday. Seeing it from this angle is scary. Not much that you can do in this case and it looks like they did a pretty good job keeping it up right. 

The date stamp on the video is 1st of February? Did the crash occur in February and footage is only released now?

The date stamp on the video is 1st of February? Did the crash occur in February and footage is only released now?

I'd guess the date in the camera was set incorrectly...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I saw some coments on Pprune forums, for now radio amateurs have reported load shift and fly controls problems. 

Not my observation - landing gear is down for the long time before impact - not retracted or extended again? 

Realy sad. RIP.

I saw some coments on Pprune forums, for now radio amateurs have reported load shift and fly controls problems. 

Not my observation - landing gear is down for the long time before impact - not retracted or extended again? 

Realy sad. RIP.

I think from the video above, it's a pretty easy conclusion to come to of either a load shift or trim runaway/ elevator hardover was part of the accident. Of course nothing can be confirmed till they get the FDR and CVR, but it's a safe bet that the above will be listed in the report.

I'd image the landing gear was still down as;

1) The crew were too distracted to try and get it up and

2) They were probably of the mind set that the best course of action was to attempt a semi-controlled crash landing, best to have the gear down to take some of the impact.

3) If they had the time to think it through, raising the gear may have added to the pitch up motion, but I'm not familiar enough with the 747 to comment on this here.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I think from the video above, it's a pretty easy conclusion to come to of either a load shift or trim runaway/ elevator hardover was part of the accident. Of course nothing can be confirmed till they get the FDR and CVR, but it's a safe bet that the above will be listed in the report.

I'd image the landing gear was still down as;

1) The crew were too distracted to try and get it up and

2) They were probably of the mind set that the best course of action was to attempt a semi-controlled crash landing, best to have the gear down to take some of the impact.

3) If they had the time to think it through, raising the gear may have added to the pitch up motion, but I'm not familiar enough with the 747 to comment on this here.

Regards,

Ró.

Amazingly, you can tell they were trying so hard to get the nose forward, they didn't just drop the wing and roll to the ground like it looked like they were going to do but belly flopped, clearly trying to get the nose down and recover but at that altitude there was no chance.  

RIP to the pilots and the families    

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Worse accident video I have seen, ever. I can only imagine what was in their minds when they knew there was nothing more they could do.

Worse accident video I have seen, ever. I can only imagine what was in their minds when they knew there was nothing more they could do.

Just read one of the 8 killed was just married in Detroit prior to this trip...  Absolutely horrible, going about life, one of the happiest times of your life, doing something we take so much for granted and something they would have considered so routine and seconds later you are falling to the ground uncontrollably.  Must be so difficult to understand, grasp or come to terms with for their families...  I hope they didn't see that video.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg