Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

1.2.4 Released... UH-1H available in the next few hours...

....or A Hind

There seems to be a waiting list for that, too.

I'm betting on the Cobra to be first, given the parts it has in common with the Huey - engine, transmission, rotor...

The DCS Huey is officially awesome :) But oh my freaking god is it challenging to fly.  If you thought the Black Shark was difficult, this will seem like going back to square one.

Shooting the twin miniguns from the left pilot position is the coolest thing EVAR. When they add-in the shared-cockpit abilities for multiplayer, this is gonna be so fun!

Well,

I ran the auto-updater at 4:00AM and it was certainly faster than last night when I couldn't see any progress during the initial transfer.

1) The installer runs in two steps - step1 downloads & installs the new installers, step2 actually updates your DCS version. When step2 begun I noticed very slow transfer rates, and eventually cancelled it. After that I ran again the updater (from EDs Program Files folder) and this turn around transfer rates increased substantially.

2) The installer when downloaded ran smoothly and everything was ok. The new Module manager requests your ED passwd. It is a straightforward process.

3) I had downloaded the UH-1H installer yesterday, so, I quited DCS World, ran the EXE and from within the game filled the license field. Activation was successful, and from there on, guys... I'm on a new dimension...

4) For the UH-1H, make sure you first assign your collective axis. Throttle can not be assigned to an axis (at least I didn't find how to), but that's fine :-)

5) If you'r looking for how to override graphics settings in graphics.cfg, please make sure you read "graphics_readme.txt" under the "Config" folder... It'll teach you how to do it startin v1.2.4 ;-)

Sorry for being so extreme but... trash all of your other simulators... Forget it... the rest is history...

The UH-1H which I took for a couple of flights is simply ASTOUNDING / REMARKABLE / PERFFECT / GORGEOUS.... Well... diferent dimension here :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The only I can find is they didn't seem to model the seat height adjustment (which is why the pilots look so short) that many pilots use/used. Hopefully this little niggle gets into a follow-up patch (it is beta, afterall).

Excellent release though. She sure is a tough bird to fly!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

What major changers were made to the DCSW platform itself? and how does the non helo pilot benefit?

ZORAN

What major changers were made to the DCSW platform itself? and how does the non helo pilot benefit?

Well, as far as I've been able to glimpse so far:

1) It is now 64-bit OS compatible. Forget about install on 32 bit OSs...  This is no pronblem for many, and makes all sense when we know they're working on a new rendering engine, and on much more sophisticated scenery modules... Version 1.2.4 has the hooks for those future projects...

2) There is now an in-game Module Management menu you can use to do excatly that - manage your modules and buy/install new ones from within the simulator GUI.

3) It can be a placebo effect, but using the same "start situation" I usually choose to start my sessions in DCS World, Takeoff from Battumi in the mp51d, I noticed smoother display.

4) The UH-1H looks and feels simply AMAZING. It's a completely different model compared to the KA-50. There are no co-axial counter-rotating rotors here, and torque effects, together with many other typical aerodynamic effects for conventional rotary wing aircraft are modelled with a high level of accuracy giving the user the first realistic experience of flying an helicopter of that type.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...