Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Fuel Planner in .xlsx Uploaded to Library

Hi All,

I've just now uploaded a file to the AVSIM library (Dash8Q400FuelPlan.zip) that contains an excel (2010 or later) spreadsheet that can be used as a fuel planner for the Q400. The data within it is courtesy Bob Scott and the calculations I wrote myself. Let me know via PM if there is anything way off about the calculations. Give it a few hours to pass inspection and then you can download it.

Enjoy! 

Well done Adam,

Will check it out...Thanks for you contribution.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The file is available. Simply search for Dash8Q400FuelPlan.zip and you'll find it. Please provide feedback here once you've used it.

And by the way, this is compatible with Excel 2007 as well. My bad...

I've added a new sheet (tabs at the bottom) that will output KG fuel weights and re-uploaded to AVSIM using the same filename and instructions to overwrite the old file. Hopefully in a few hours it will be there.

Guilty as charged. The metric version works great as far as I have been able to test it. Thanks.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

426 downloads and 1 thanks. Awesome guys....

Thanks for your hard work Adam

I got a chuckle out of this. I'm just glad people aren't standing outside my door with torches and pitchforks. :P

I would think if it were working poorly, someone would have said something...

Again, Bob was the one who procured the data. I asked and he said it was okay to use it for the non-FSBuild users. Writing the calculations to smoothly integrate the climb/des fuel burn through the various altitudes was not really fun, and I learned a bit more about Excel in the process, but it really only took me a couple hours to get it done. And so far I've not had any problems with the accuracy of the numbers.

And by the way...the number of downloads has roughly doubled each day. Kind of odd that it's been exponential like that.

I was gonna post about a fuel planner but it seems Adam beat me to it with his spreadsheet!  Will try out it.  Thanks in advance!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks - makes it a little easier