Sign in to follow this  
Sunaru

Would any AVSIMmer recommend any of these planes?

Hello everyone,

With the praise (rightly so) and "hype" about the Dash-8 Q400, I started wondering about FSX versions for the other regional feederliners. I had never contemplated flying anything smaller than a 737 initially, but QW's Avro and Majestic's Dash-8 (as well as suggestions made to me in my introductory thread, which I'm grateful for), have pretty much broadened my spectrum to nearly any plane other than gliders.

So I looked around, and saw these planes on offer:

- WILCO/FEELTHERE - EMBRAER E-JETS V2 - EMBRAER 175 AND 195

- WILCO/FEELTHERE - EMBRAER REGIONAL JETS

- WILCO CRJ NEXTGEN DELUXE

- FLIGHT 1 EUROPE - BN2 ISLANDER

My question is: would anyone on AVSIM recommend any of them? I'd like to have 1 more alternative next to my Avro & Dash-8 for the small/feederliner routes (I like having at least 3 options for each distance), and I know nothing about any of those 4 packs. Help/Advice from anyone that has any one (or all) of those packs would be greatly appreciated. If none of the 4 packs are recommended, an alternative that IS recommended would be nice too.

The first two on your list are old releases. They're pretty good but don't expect 'state of the art' graphics, textures, etc.

The third on your list (Wilco CRJ) is honestly one of the worst releases in the last 5 years; it just doesn't work !! ...... Even basic AP modes don't work, and the aircraft cannot hold IAS or VS on climb. There is a serious fundamental flaw with the FDE on that one .......... Unlike the first two on your list, it is not a feelThere-developed add-on, but instead was developed in-house by Wilco. AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!

Finally, the Flight 1 BN-2 Islander is a superb, lovely aircraft model, with great flight dynamics, visuals and sound... it's a real winner, and the only one on your list, I would truly recommend.

(...)

- WILCO/FEELTHERE - EMBRAER E-JETS V2 - EMBRAER 175 AND 195 - I can highly recommend them

- WILCO/FEELTHERE - EMBRAER REGIONAL JETS - recommendable (not exactly my own type of coffee)

- WILCO CRJ NEXTGEN DELUXE - I'd wait for the one that's still to come up (developed by Hans Hartmann, published by Aerosoft)

- FLIGHT 1 EUROPE - BN2 ISLANDER - I don't own it, but I've heard good things about it

(...)

The Islander is truly one of the most immersive aircraft available for FSX IMO. The sounds and shakes really give you a feel for the airplane, and it's a blast to island hop in!

The Islander is truly one of the most immersive aircraft available for FSX IMO. The sounds and shakes really give you a feel for the airplane, and it's a blast to island hop in!

+1  

One of the first, I remember, to have "accusim like" effects built in.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of replies I'm getting in such a short time. Before, I wouldn't even have added it to the list considering it's a small turboprop, but I added it in what with how wrong I was about judging the Q400 and Avro before purchase as well. And now it seems that I'd have missed out on another great aircraft if I did leave it out! I'd like to encourage everyone to keep adding their opinion, but so far, I'm getting more and more drawn to the Islander. 

I really like the ERJ 135/145.  The 175/195 not so much.  The B2-Islander is pretty boring topping out at 120 knots or something like that otherwise it's well done just not my type of aircraft.   The 135/145 goes on sale quite a bit...get it then.  

I personally hate Wilco products, of-course others have different opinions and likes. The only aircraft I would recommend in that list (although I don't actually own it) would have to be the BN-2 Islander by F1. 

I'm noticing either the ERJ returning a lot, if I'd really demand a jet and can stomach the outdated graphics, or the Islander. One thing I wonder though with regards to the Islander: Isn't it a HUGE assault on your FPS if you island-hop? You'd need a lot of (autogen?) scenery, high water detail, nice airports, a detailed terrain with realistic altitudes, ... due to the VFR/low-altitude flying. The compromises one can make with commercial ranged aviation (atrocious water detail being the most prominent one) are suddenly not an option anymore.

If anyone can tell me the framerate stays decent (or how to keep that way) when transitioning from commercial flights to small-scale island hopping with nice details, I'll be happy to check out the BN-2 Islander. The more vids I check on youtube while waiting for more replies, the more it looks like an interesting little alternative. I'd just hate to have to suffer 8 FPS again...

Oh, and Shamrock (and others), I only found Wilco offering the Embraer families and the CRJ series. If anyone knows a different developer for the Embraer/CRJ, or has other suggestions in general, I'd always be happy to read about them.

(...)

Oh, and Shamrock (and others), I only found Wilco offering the Embraer families and the CRJ series. If anyone knows a different developer for the Embraer/CRJ, or has other suggestions in general, I'd always be happy to read about them.

(...)

- WILCO CRJ NEXTGEN DELUXE - I'd wait for the one that's still to come up (developed by Hans Hartmann, published by Aerosoft)

(...)

A rather recent status update on the CRJ: http://forum.aerosof...eview/?p=477956

I bought both Feelthere products on sale and I was quite happy I did.  If night flying is your thing then stay away from them.

Stay away from the Wilco CRJ... lots of complaints.

The B2-Islander is an awesome aircraft.  I've never had any issues with the FPS on it.

I have the first two, but when PMDG released the NGX, I pretty much deleted my payware aircraft that were not PMDG.  I hope PMDG purues a regional jet in the future.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I second Oliver's advice on the Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ, it's looking good already, and it'll sure be miles ahead of Wilco's CRJ, if you're willing to wait a little longer. Patience is an important part of our hobby, I'd say :smile:.

I have the ERJ 175/195 (or was it 170/190, I can't remember), but I never really flew it. I didn't get it to work as I expected it to, and the QW Avro, the AXE and the Q400 have replaced it the day they were installed on my computer.