Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Carenado Releases King Air C90 for FS9

So FS9 Carenado C90 drivers.... you are lined up on the runway ready for takeoff....have you set your trim?

You have?...how? .....it is not possible with the trimwheel texture reading up instead of down and in the wrong position.

Ok so you are just going to chance it and trim on rotation (never happen IRL)

Aim to rotate at 97 knots with flaps up?......I don't think so. lol ....not with this FDE.

I am still happy with my purchase but she does require a lot of work to be the girl she should be.  :Nerd:

Hi guys. I tried a short flight EGGW/EGNM crz @ FL145

I used Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch's flight tutorial.

The Torque gauge did not behave as expected. I wounder if the code is flawed in FS9 like the EPR code?

Do you have Aeroworx King Air to compare?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Do you have Aeroworx King Air to compare?

I do indeed but I am not too concerned with the torque code right now. I think she is fun to fly but setting up for takeoff is well ....just not possible right now.

I have not seen any complaints from either FSXers or FSniners that they could not set trim for takeoff and I find that surprising!

I do indeed but I am not too concerned with the torque code right now. I think she is fun to fly but setting up for takeoff is well ....just not possible right now.

I have not seen any complaints from either FSXers or FSniners that they could not set trim for takeoff and I find that surprising!

I adjust my trim via my yoke controller so that may be what others are doing.  Maybe if I have time today I'll load it up and look at this problem.  

FS2020 

I adjust my trim via my yoke controller so that may be what others are doing.  Maybe if I have time today I'll load it up and look at this problem.  

Yes so do I. But how do you know when you have selected the right amount of trim?.

You look at the trim wheel in the sim and see if the line/marker on the trim wheel is in between the margins for takeoff.

Tell me you can do this with the C90. You cannot.

If you have ever flown GA IRL this is page one......and as such why has noone mentioned this...plus the fact that "dn" (down) written on the trim wheel should be "up" 

setting up for takeoff is well ....just not possible right now.

I think you may have tinkered somewhere and broken it!

I find it relatively insensitive to trim, and it will take off by the numbers at neutral trim (which is my cold and dark start-up default flight). I give it flaps 5 on a shorter runway just to be sure.

I shot this actually to reference the contact points and other mods, but you can see there's no issue in my sim.

The Aeroworx B200 wants 6.5 deg +ve trim at takeoff, trimming out when gear is raised.

The C90 doesn't need anything apparently:

Hope this helps, maybe big Ilyushins default to nose-down trim and you have inherited that? B)

I think you may have tinkered somewhere and broken it!

I have certainly tinkered but I think I have fixed it. :Nerd: 

Could you please show me a closeup pic of your VC trimwheel at neutral trim?

Nice vid btw. :biggrin:

If you've fixed it by all means please share.... 

I agree, that is a nice FS9 video (What airport is that?)... 

FS2020 

There's a trimwheel??  :lol:  Seriously though, if there's a fault with the plane, it is that it may not be trim-responsive enough. Why not just slew it into flight, trim it level, slew back and save the flight for future use.

See how it takes off. It should be fine.

Mine worked OK out of the box because my default flight is trimmed neutral.

I agree, that is a nice FS9 video (What airport is that?)... 

Thanks for the comments; because I was too lazy to start up my "trim" sim for the clip, and put FRAPS on the other core, it's a little choppy (Perhaps one day an i7 will make its way onto my desk for the "fat" sim...)

Dillon, the scenery is LHPR

http://lhsimulations.hu/?lang=en

Here is the amended texture...put it in each livery texture folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8faai1nty1idgc8/CNA_int_4.zip

fsscr559_zpscad19a82.jpg

There's a trimwheel?? :lol: Seriously though, if there's a fault with the plane, it is that it may not be trim-responsive enough. Why not just slew it into flight, trim it level, slew back and save the flight for future use.
See how it takes off. It should be fine.
Mine worked OK out of the box because my default flight is trimmed neutral.

Ok is not good enough for me. My default flight is also cold and dark and trimmed neutral.

When I am finished tweaking the FDE I will let you fly my C90 and you will see quite a difference in the takeoff.....trimwheel still set at neutral. (at least now you can see what the trimwheel is doing)

Ahh THAT trimwheel!

Nice, if you make it fly better, I'm at the front of the queue...

Here is the amended texture...put it in each livery texture folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8faai1nty1idgc8/CNA_int_4.zip

fsscr559_zpscad19a82.jpg

Ok is not good enough for me. My default flight is also cold and dark and trimmed neutral.

When I am finished tweaking the FDE I will let you fly my C90 and you will see quite a difference in the takeoff.....trimwheel still set at neutral. (at least now you can see what the trimwheel is doing)

Ed this is great but what bothers me is we'll be back at this party should Carensdo ever decide to release the Super King Air. I love their support for FS9 but these little things they should be doing. We won't have the Ed touch for every new FS9 release from them. What your doing here is outstanding work. As this is hot right now hopefully the Super King is next or I feel that model won't have the care the C90 has received thanks to your efforts.

FS2020 

If that's anything to go by, can't see it being any better then the Aeroworx version even if they do.

The vc/cabin is hands down better especially the night lighting. Ed did outstanding work on the mods but Carenado programmed the lights on the forward panel in the VC. I wouldn't bother flying the Aeroworx model at night because it looks so bad. In the daytime the Aeroworx passenger model looks like a basic utility model versus the plush cabin of the Carenado models. With fixes I'd take the Carenado C90/Super King Airs over the Aeroworx model any time of the day. I'd fly the Aeroworx model on Alaska runs in the day time as it's an excellent model with a cabin perfectly suited for oil prospectors up in Nome.

FS2020 

Just the place I like to be, and a little sparkling wine thank you.

Glad to see you go the trim sorted, Captain, very happy to leave the front office in your care.

Edit: I've been trying for years to build an effective wind shield for my video camera, I see you have the same problem!

Nice clip, I am very impressed with UK2000's rendering of Luton.