Sign in to follow this  
Chase

I'm Here in Sunny Kansas

Folks,

I'm the first AVSIM staffer here! How many are here already? The front desk said she had a boat load of people check in with more to come yet!

For our members who can't make it here, we are going to try and get a live feed going. Still waiting on some staff and equipment to get here. I may try testing my ipad or iPhone as a live camera, but the quality will surely be sub par (which I want to avoid)

I'm coming Thurs.  Just watched the Weather Channel and they are expecting 3-5 inches of snow Thurs into Friday.  No tornadoes though as it will too cold.  See you soon!

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

WHAT!!! 3-5 inches of snow??? I'm coming form PA where it has been near 70 finally. I'm arriving Thursday evening.

Jim, thanks for the heads up. I will have to pack some winter cloths. Good thing I read this, or I would have been in short sleeve shirts and light jackets. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Best, Jeff

WHAT!!! 3-5 inches of snow??? I'm coming form PA where it has been near 70 finally. I'm arriving Thursday evening.

Jim, thanks for the heads up. I will have to pack some winter cloths. Good thing I read this, or I would have been in short sleeve shirts and light jackets. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Best, Jeff

Check the Weather Channel.  They are talking about it right now!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Chase,

I just discovered this event yesterday when I registered on the AVSIM web page.

I would like to drive to Wichita, KS from St. Louis, MO to attend but are tickets still available for the event. I noticed the Saturday night dinner / awards is closed, the host hotel is full and I've never been to Wichita but is this event open to new comers ?

Is there a phone number I can call to reserve a ticket?

Thank you,

Steve Meinhardt 

Hello,

Just a reminder, if you are unable to pre-register with AVSIM but decide to attend at the last second you can still attend the  Sat and Sunday events at the museum 10am to 5pm as a walk in. The regular museum admission will get you in each day.

Justin

I'm coming Thurs.  Just watched the Weather Channel and they are expecting 3-5 inches of snow Thurs into Friday.  No tornadoes though as it will too cold.  See you soo

Folks,

I'm the first AVSIM staffer here! How many are here already? The front desk said she had a boat load of people check in with more to come yet!

For our members who can't make it here, we are going to try and get a live feed going. Still waiting on some staff and equipment to get here. I may try testing my ipad or iPhone as a live camera, but the quality will surely be sub par (which I want to avoid)

Welcome to Kansas! B)

Folks,

Its not parked at the museum but yesterday the first out of town cockpit arrived, the A-7 Corsair from Denver Colorado.

Justin

Justin,

Thanks so much for the info. I'd hate to drive 7 hours in a snow storm just to be turned away at the gate. I guess I'll try to find a hotel when I get there. 

Been interested in flight sim for years but just by a fluke I landed on the AVSIM site yesterday and was a bit stunned with the info about the show (que "Twilit Zone" music here please)

Looking forward to meeting everyone as I have lots of questions.

Steve 

Thomas,

Thanks bud, I just booked a room at the host hotel. Thought they were totally full but squeezed in. Now if I could hunt up a dinner ticket............. 

I'll keep an eye out for:Thomas Crowell

Customer Service Lead
Angle of Attack Productions

and buy ya a beer.     :O)

Thanks,

Steve Meinhardt

Thanks bud, I just booked a room at the host hotel. Thought they were totally full but squeezed in. Now if I could hunt up a dinner ticket.............

Dinner is all booked. We have no spaces left. You must have a previously purchased ticket in hand to gain entry. Free entry to just see the awards and keynote is not and will not be allowed. So, in other words, if you have not gotten a ticket before now, you are SOL.