Sign in to follow this  
MKaprocki

Curious about rental/instruction rates

Hey Everyone,I'm currently paying $95/hour (rental AND instruction) in a C152. The cost without instruction is $69...I've been comparing these to other prices, and I've seen an average to about $55, and as low as $49. I take lessons at Monmouth Executive airport, right in the heart of New Jersey. The price seems high to me- what do you guys think? Eagles View Aviation, where I fly at, says it will take about $6500 to get a PPL, whilst other schools (not in the state/area) are saying $3500-$5000... Could it just be that I have the unfortune of all the NJ "we gotta be perfect" taxes and high prices gallore, or am I getting a bad deal? The school has a great reputation, and many people recommend it. Everyone is very friendly and don't seem to be the type of people who would be giving us bad deals....I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Many will say that it only takes 3 or 4 thousand to get your PPL, but those are usually based on the bare minimum number of hours. Most people will usually require more than the minimum. $6500 seems to be about right, maybe even a little on the low side.Down here a 152 is $61 an hour. I forget what the price of instruction was where I got my private. Think it was in the $40 range.

Thanks Matt- seems about right now. I did some more research last night and the prices are higher in some areas (rental) and lower in others (instruction)- but its seems what their prices are pretty decent... :) They planes are very well upkept, so maybe that would add a few extra bucks? Or maybe it was that bad landing when we went "errrchhhhk.....errrrckkk...." :-lolJason :-wave

Well... right now I'm paying $250/hour (rental AND instruction) for my private.... in a Robinson R-22...But seriously, when I was working on my other private I kind of remember about (60+30) $90/hour for a C172 with the instructor. But if we opened an account we would get a 10% block discount.Even when I went for my instrument in a complex C172RG it was about $120 (90+30) for the plane and instructor.I did my multi-engine in a flying club, so it was $200/hour for a BE76/Beech Dutchess and instructor. But the C152s in the flying club were going for $50/hour, C172s $70, and new C172SPs (2001-up) are going for $100/hour.Cheers :)Woodreau/KMVL

Guest Air1

Wow, cost me about $2,000 in 1982 as I recall. Time flys but I don't.Steve