Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Check List From Cold & Dark to Parked & Secure.

Just to play devils advocate, 240 "Thank-you" replies would make for rather a dull thread.

But thanks for the checklist and revision!

Awesome cheers mate. Where's the 737 fuel planner BTW? :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Just to play devils advocate, 240 "Thank-you" replies would make for rather a dull thread.

Well i was hoping for feed back and pointing out what was wrong, also what people would want adding etc. I do realise a thank you would have just been a bonus or just a common courtesy.

Also a way of thanking someone with out replying is a reputation click.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Cheers guys

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

274 Down loads and only 8 people can take 30 seconds of there time to post a thank you.

Well...Thank you to the above people that just had the thought and consideration to reply .

You are welcome and hope you enjoy this new version.

Here is my updated version.

Thnx very much! :-)

Hello David!

Thanks a lot for this...

have a good day sir! :lol:

cheers,

Norbert

274 Down loads and only 8 people can take 30 seconds of there time to post a thank you.

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but how do you think the file library works? There's no likes or messages, just downloads. Surely the fact people are using your work is thanks and justification enough for releasing it?

Well i was hoping for feed back and pointing out what was wrong, also what people would want adding etc. I do realise a thank you would have just been a bonus or just a common courtesy.

Anyway I'm no Q400 expert but you did ask for feedback and I've spotted a few things that I would question:

• COCKPIT PREP: Use of APU for engine start is not necessary even if there is no GPU. If the APU is running then I believe it's bleed air function should be disabled prior to engine start.
  • START UP: Condition levers should be advanced to 1020 max rpm after start, not 850 rpm.
  • AFTER START: Bleed air flow should be as required, not norm. On hot days you could set max, on colder days min is probably fine.
  • AFTER START: Use of Pilot side window heat is rare IRL unless it's very cold outside
  • INITIAL CLIMB: 1000 ft is probably a little early to be engaging the AP since acceleration altitude is normally at least 1500 ft AGL.
  • AFTER START: Power level bar guard is a misnomer, the item is referred to as the control lock.
  • CLIMB: Pushing MCL is not required, by setting the Condition Levers to 900 rpm you automatically command MCL. MCL pushbutton is only required if you climb at 850 rpm, and in your checklist you explicitly ask for 900.
  • DISCENT: Simple typo, should be DESCENT
  • LANDING: Landing Gear "as required".... hmm.... :P
  • AFTER LANDING: Transponder should be as required, not standby, because of ASDE-X and surface movement radar.
  • SHUTDOWN: Condition levers should be OFF, not Feather.

There's probably a few other things but I am still learning the SOPs. You may also want to consider adding  that first flight of the day requires MTOP and cover the procedure for RTOP and also RDC Np LDG.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Nice checklist you have put together David. Thanks for making it available to other Q400 fliers here.

EDITED.. as already noted...

A

Anyway I'm no Q400 expert but you did ask for feedback and I've spotted a few things that I would question:
COCKPIT PREP: Use of APU for engine start is not necessary even if there is no GPU. If the APU is running then I believe it's bleed air function should be disabled prior to engine start.
START UP: Condition levers should be advanced to 1020 max rpm after start, not 850 rpm.
AFTER START: Bleed air flow should be as required, not norm. On hot days you could set max, on colder days min is probably fine.
AFTER START: Use of Pilot side window heat is rare IRL unless it's very cold outside
INITIAL CLIMB: 1000 ft is probably a little early to be engaging the AP since acceleration altitude is normally at least 1500 ft AGL.
AFTER START: Power level bar guard is a misnomer, the item is referred to as the control lock.
CLIMB: Pushing MCL is not required, by setting the Condition Levers to 900 rpm you automatically command MCL. MCL pushbutton is only required if you climb at 850 rpm, and in your checklist you explicitly ask for 900.
DISCENT: Simple typo, should be DESCENT
LANDING: Landing Gear "as required".... hmm....
AFTER LANDING: Transponder should be as required, not standby, because of ASDE-X and surface movement radar.
SHUTDOWN: Condition levers should be OFF, not Feather.

There's probably a few other things but I am still learning the SOPs. You may also want to consider adding that first flight of the day requires MTOP and cover the procedure for RTOP and also RDC Np LDG.

Thanks I will look into these items and get back.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

COCKPIT PREP: Use of APU for engine start is not necessary even if there is no GPU. If the APU is running then I believe it's bleed air function should be disabled prior to engine start

Added a note to the fact.

START UP: Condition levers should be advanced to 1020 max rpm after start, not 850 rpm.

Correct and changed

AFTER START: Bleed air flow should be as required, not norm. On hot days you could set max, on colder days min is probably fine.

Correct and changed

AFTER START: Use of Pilot side window heat is rare IRL unless it's very cold outside

Wrong.
I will quote “In our Q400, your’ll have to have the wind-shield heat and PLT SIDE in WARMUP/ON to prevent it from fogging up, all the time”

INITIAL CLIMB: 1000 ft is probably a little early to be engaging the AP since acceleration altitude is normally at least 1500 ft AGL.

Changed wording to suit.

AFTER START: Power level bar guard is a misnomer, the item is referred to as the control lock

Changed wording

CLIMB: Pushing MCL is not required, by setting the Condition Levers to 900 rpm you automatically command MCL. MCL pushbutton is only required if you climb at 850 rpm, and in your checklist you explicitly ask for 900

Wrong
I won’t quote all but the this imo is correct you set 900 rpm and then press MCL

---

Type mistake corrected

Landing gear stays the same because you lower it when you consider the right time.

AFTER LANDING: Transponder should be as required, not standby, because of ASDE-X and surface movement radar.

The correct wording is STBY for VATSIM, for normal its it’s left on, so changed to AS REQD

SHUTDOWN: Condition levers should be OFF, not Feather

Correct wording is FUEL OFF.

Thank you for you help with some of these mistakes.

BTW I will not add first flight of the day etc as I don't include all the normal fire test etc. That's all for the next version of the Q400.

The hopefully last version

Enjoy!