Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone, i just purchased the 737 by pmdg and i am loving it! Great plane.. except i have some issues with my landing.

All goes well, i land at 143kts with autobrake switched on (mostly at 1 or 2).. than when i am at a complete stand still the brakes are locked and i have switch on and off the parking brake in the fmc.

after that i do not have any brakes left so i can never taxi to the gate! which ruins my fscaptain flight..

I red somewhere that i might burn my brakes everytime, but how ?? i am just using the autobrake of the 737..

what am i missing ?

didn't happen the first 2 times, than my last 2 it did happen! 

yes i switch off the autobrake ! ;)

Should i switch off the autobrake before i come to a complete stand still maybe ? is this done by manually braking twice with this aircraft ?

I have a feeling that flying the tutorial flights would help you immensely.

Kyle Rodgers

Paperchase (literally!) with Kyle - from those precision manuals:

"Note that due to an issue with FSX, you will need to tap the

brakes several times or press and hold them to get the

autobrakes to disengage."

Paperchase (literally!) with Kyle

Haha - true.

At the same time, putting the spoilers down would kick the brakes off just as well, and I believe that is contained in the tutorials.  Either way, having trouble with such a minor thing points to the idea that a vast amount of information could be learned by simply doing the tutorials.

Kyle Rodgers

Have this issue once in a while myself. It doesn't repeat on my system, so it's hard for me to figure out what may cause it.

Does it happen with your NGX on every landing?

And just to make sure the last word is mine: Just landed with ATBK to full stop - ATBK disengaged - normal taxiing was possible. So this issue isn't persistent; rather rare judging from my own perception.

Paperchase (literally!) with Kyle - from those precision manuals:

"Note that due to an issue with FSX, you will need to tap the

brakes several times or press and hold them to get the

autobrakes to disengage."

Tnx for the response, i did the tutorial btw.. it might be that i forgot to disarm the speedbrake before landing because i had a late descent this last 2 times..

Will try some landings later today and see if i can work around this issue..

tnx all! 

You're supposed to arm the spoilers before landing ...

And I didn't look at the tutorial myself again until Kyle advised so - it's just a transient issue after all, not related to operating the NGX specifically.

Have fun with your brand new NGX!

ofcourse i did arm the spoilers, the issue seems gone now. it had something to do with using the pmdg pusback function.