Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

FS9 C90 issues I hope to see resolved.

Just downloaded this outstanding aircraft and would like to thank Carenado for offering this awesome plane for FS9. There's only two issues I've found that I hope get resolved:

1. Landing lights are tied to the forward panel lights. This has to get resolved. We need to be able to turn the landing lights on/off independent of the cockpit VC night lighting.

2. Contact points on the ground need to be adjusted. The plane's nose dips wildly when bracking and in turns if not careful the plane will all but roll over. I haven't had a chance to really spend allot of time with this model yet but it has been common place for contact point updates with new Carenado FS9 models.

I want to stress this an outstanding model and thanks Carenado for bring this to FS9.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree.  It would also be nice to have pop-ups for the manuals as in previous releases.

Gary

I think the Carenado King Air C90 for fs2004 would be ok if there was more thought put into it.  It is supposed to be for fs2004 but I don't think it is compatable to that program. Most who use fs2004 use f1 view and having to tune the radios and other items with the mouse wheel renders f1 view useless.  You must uninstall the program and use active camera instead.  Active camera does not scan as well and there is no scan option when in the spot view. Also the various ways of how the other knobs operate shows no forethought.  Until Carenado makes a change from the scroll wheel tuning or offers an option I will not purchase their aircraft again and I have 13 of their planes now.  The Aeroworx Super King Air 200 is much better suited to fs2004.

I think the Carenado King Air C90 for fs2004 would be ok if there was more thought put into it.  It is supposed to be for fs2004 but I don't think it is compatable to that program. Most who use fs2004 use f1 view and having to tune the radios and other items with the mouse wheel renders f1 view useless.  You must uninstall the program and use active camera instead.  Active camera does not scan as well and there is no scan option when in the spot view. Also the various ways of how the other knobs operate shows no forethought.  Until Carenado makes a change from the scroll wheel tuning or offers an option I will not purchase their aircraft again and I have 13 of their planes now.  The Aeroworx Super King Air 200 is much better suited to fs2004.

With the edits that Ed has slaved over for the past few weeks the C90 is outstanding in FS9. Check the other thread here concerning the C90 to see what's been done.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1. Landing lights are tied to the forward panel lights. This has to get resolved. We need to be able to turn the landing lights on/off independent of the cockpit VC night lighting.

I've given them this complaint for other aircraft before, and they say it's an FS9 limitation.

It is kind of ridiculous though. If I'm taxiing at night, I have to taxi with the landing lights on if I want to be able to see anything in the cockpit.

I think the Carenado King Air C90 for fs2004 would be ok if there was more thought put into it.... Most who use fs2004 use f1 view and having to tune the radios and other items with the mouse wheel renders f1 view useless.....Until Carenado makes a change from the scroll wheel tuning or offers an option I will not purchase their aircraft again and I have 13 of their planes now.  The Aeroworx Super King Air 200 is much better suited to fs2004.

Sorry, Carenado, I have to agree, even though I've bought all of your 'new' FS2004 aircraft. This business with the scroll wheel for turning knobs is a major irritant and totally unnecessary. What was wrong with having the mouse cursor turning the knobs?  I'll be steering clear of Carenado until such time as this issue is sorted. 

I've given them this complaint for other aircraft before, and they say it's an FS9 limitation.

It is kind of ridiculous though. If I'm taxiing at night, I have to taxi with the landing lights on if I want to be able to see anything in the cockpit.

What they say is not true.  I've just been flying the much-loved freeware Project Fokker F-70.  You can switch off its landing lights and keep its panel lights on.  How long ago was that plane designed?  8 years?  But then the PF team was a class act.

F-70 panel lights

Supporter.png

John

Here is my panel lights mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k42a6rdxctfmjg7/C90_panel_lights.zip

The textures need to be copy/pasted/overwrite the files for each livery. (so try it on one first to see if you like it so you have a backup in the others)

Now the panel lights will illuminate separately to the landing light switch....in fact any light switch should switch on the instrument lighting but importantly the landing light will not switch them off.

Here is my panel lights mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k42a6rdxctfmjg7/C90_panel_lights.zip

The textures need to be copy/pasted/overwrite the files for each livery. (so try it on one first to see if you like it so you have a backup in the others)

Now the panel lights will illuminate separately to the landing light switch....in fact any light switch should switch on the instrument lighting but importantly the landing light will not switch them off.

Great Mod i really appreciate, but just a question, how do you do that? Cause in the Carenado B58 and T210 its the same problem

Thanks you very much for your time.

Great Mod i really appreciate, but just a question, how do you do that? Cause in the Carenado B58 and T210 its the same problem

Thanks you very much for your time.

Here is my fix for the Baron B58 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uu1j1cp6ssixj09/Carenado_B58_night.zip

I do not have the T210 unfortunately.

Just bought the C90 becuase it's on sale and THANK ED, I found the panel lighting fix.

ED COX YOU ARE A MAGNIFICENT FS GOD!!!! :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: