Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Aircraft Checklists. Best (most reliable) source

I am trying to create some authentic (or as authentic as possible) checklists (for FDC), but it is rather disconcerting that the checklists I find vary hugely, depending from where they were downloaded.

Can anyone advise where online I can find and download/copy up-to-date checklists for Boeing, Airbus (all a/c types) and so forth, ones which bear more than a passing resemblance to current real-world lists? Googling seems to be leading me in ever-increasing circles and the ones I have downloaded from the File Library don't seem accurate at all! The modern checklists are very short compared to those say ten years ago of course (one hears them being used in new cockpit video DVDs, for instance)...

Many thanks,

Martin

Checklists do vary wildly in real life. Best bet is to google for a checklist of specific company you wish to simulate.

Yes, I know that each airline has its own 'version', but there are of course 'core' checks - flaps before take-off and so on. Do Boeing, Airbus etc. issue a kind of standard checklist for their a/c? I have no idea about that at all!

I'd be interested to know too by what criteria the old checklists were trimmed down so drastically - today for instance, I don't think that there is any check that Cabin Pressure is set to 'Auto'.. but why not? I'd have thought that half the checks that were eliminated were vital. Clearly I haven't quite understood how this all works in real-world flying..

Maybe my Googling skills are just very poor (I will continue to search) but I haven't found a site yet that I 'trust'.

There are some standard checklists, but I don't think you can get one other than with manufacturer manuals. The trend with shorter checks? KISS principle. You will catch minor errors when the time comes, not when the pressure it's highest - before departure. Modern airplanes will even catch them for you - having a look at clean EICAS will let you know nothing is amiss.