Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

What a bargain!

OK, so this is a very tenuous link to FSX, but I felt so good about this that I had to share it.

I was doing some spotting at LHR with my Dad on Saturday and we found out that there was a massive aviation enthusiasts fair at LGW on the Sunday, so we popped along.

Whilst rummaging through people's items for sale, what do I find? Only a full A320 FCOM, complete with a pilot's annotations, highlights, etc.

The price of this luxury item? A whopping £1. That's right, ONE POUND!

This little beauty will keep me occupied whilst I eagerly anticipate the FSL A320...see - slightly FSX related :D Sadly I couldn't find out what airline it was from.

I also managed to find the identical equivalent from an Air 2000 757 so picked that up for my brother who enjoys flying the JustFlight 757 for FS2004. Also £1 :D

IMG_0137_zps6b69abbd.jpg

IMG_0138_zpsc1f1529f.jpg

IMG_0139_zps6731df43.jpg

IMG_0140_zpsa01df014.jpg

Lucky dog!

Man, that is the reason I go yardsales, you never know the stuff you will find!!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Nice find.

Lucky dog!
Man, that is the reason I go yardsales, you never know the stuff you will find!!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Yea same here I'm hoping on day I'll come across a fully built FDS home cockpit haha

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

With all that scribbling in it, I'd have knocked him down a bit.

50p or I walk away...

:-)

Definitely Bargain of The Year! A good scoop, and even better spotting it.

Very nice score! I paid $20 at a swap meet for a 757 manual (an Old National Airlines one) and thought I got a deal. Another cool thing I picked up at that meet was an Air Canada route briefing notes booklet.

oldbear, on 01 May 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

With all that scribbling in it, I'd have knocked him down a bit.

50p or I walk away...

:-)

I know your just jesting :smile: ... but in all seriousness, the scribbling is probably one of the most valuable parts. Presumably being notes written by pilots in training.

* Of course, if the scribbling is a prospective ATP's shopping list for Tesco, I retract my comment. :lol:

My favorite bargain "junk" item is the tons of the leather Jeppesen binders I've found abandoned. You wouldn't believe the amount of $50-$100 binders people throw out! I've stopped my collection at a total of six, and only use two for my Jeppesen approach plate and FAR subscription.

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/product_details.jsp?id=prod416

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/product_details.jsp?id=prod413

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Great find indeed! 

Thanks, now get developing that 320 so I can put my find to a good use :lol:

Wow, what a good find that was. I always hope i would get a great find going to these kind of places. Bargain too. Well done : )

Kind Regards

Simon.